Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am building my first hackintosh and I have been at it all day. First a bad power supply, and numerous os install problems. I got Lion to load from Unibeast. After the install when you do the restart, it will not boot to Lion. It goes to a white screen if I try to load straight to Lion. If I use the GraphicEnabler=No command, it goes to a screen that looks similar to verbose where all the text scrolls. It ends with the system needs rebooted and the process starts again. I also tried PCIRootUID=0. Lastly, I tried to boot into Safe mode and the screen went crazy. My build is a gigabyte D2h-B3 with a 2600k, a sapphire 6870 and 16 gigs of ram. Earlier today, I could not get Lion to load from the USB so I tried Iboot with Snow Leopard. No go, same issues. I suspect it's something to do with the graphics card. Once earlier I got to Lion desktop and loaded Multibeast with the DSDT. After the reboot, I got the same errors. :banghead: Certainly not ready to give up but frustrated. Thanks in advance for any help!
Brian

I am able to get Lion stable now but when I load multibeast, I continue to have problems. I still have to use graphicsenabler=0. After loading multibeast with the dsdt the system won't complete boot to lion. It briefly shows the apple load screen then reloads then repeats. Any ideas?

Anyone had issues with this card? It is in the supported list.

anyone? I am thinking of trying loading everything with multibeast and the onboard graphics and then installing the 6870 when i get home. thoughts?

I installed lion using the onboard gpu to see if it is the sapphire card. Same errors so I am not sure. Next I am going to try easy install to see if I can load lion and multibeast and get it stable.

:lol: all is good. Loaded onboard graphics first then installed my sapphire. Recognized correctly. 12600 geek bench. I'm very happy now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back