Contribute
Register

[HELP] Lenovo Thinkpad T480 stuck on 2nd stage install

Status
Not open for further replies.
make sure to use a good usb2.0 stick, sandisk make a good installer 16gb

try swapping AptioMemoryFix-64 with OsxAptioFixDrv-64 + EmuVariableUefi-64

if it reboots while installing, you have to go through the process again of re-installing

Just replaced AptioMemoryFix-64 by the files you told me to. I went through the install process once more and it did the exact same thing. Still it made a "Install macos Mojave from <myssdpartition>" but reboots on the apple logo..

And I'm using a Sandisk Cruizer Blade 32GB USB 2.0

Let me give you my actual EFI Folder:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 194
UPDATE: I think there's some kind of problem with my APFS drivers... In a desperate move I tried to format the disk in the installer using APFS but it kernel paniced at that stage ! How could I fix this ?

Hey man, I'm new to the hackintosh game as well.
I'm in possession of a TP T480 just like yours:

Screen: 14.0″ FHD (1920 x 1080) Lenovo LP140WF6-SPB7 IPS screen
CPU: Intel Core i7-8550U
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 + Intel UHD Graphics 620
RAM: SAMSUNG (M471A1K43CB1-CRC) 1x8 GB SODIMM DDR4
Battery: Front 3 Cells 24Wh (SANYO) + Rear 6 Cells 48Wh (LGC)
SSD: Lenovo-branded SSD PCIe OPAL2.0 M.2 2280, 256 GB (LENSE20256GMSP34MEAT2TA)
LTE: Fibocom Cat6 L830-EB 4G LTE
Misc:
  • dTPM 2.0
  • NFC
  • Smart Card Read
  • 2xUSB 3.0
  • 1xUSB 3.1 Type-C
  • 1xThunderbolt 3
  • Fingerprint reader
I was wondering if you considered the possibility of a faulty nvme (I heard that the samsung ssd's, especially the pm981 installed in a few t480's are generally not working with osx).
Did you manage to make it work at last?

I have a T480
Hey man, I'm new to the hackintosh game as well.
I'm in possession of a TP T480 just like yours:

Screen: 14.0″ FHD (1920 x 1080) Lenovo LP140WF6-SPB7 IPS screen
CPU: Intel Core i7-8550U
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 + Intel UHD Graphics 620
RAM: SAMSUNG (M471A1K43CB1-CRC) 1x8 GB SODIMM DDR4
Battery: Front 3 Cells 24Wh (SANYO) + Rear 6 Cells 48Wh (LGC)
SSD: Lenovo-branded SSD PCIe OPAL2.0 M.2 2280, 256 GB (LENSE20256GMSP34MEAT2TA)
LTE: Fibocom Cat6 L830-EB 4G LTE
Misc:
  • dTPM 2.0
  • NFC
  • Smart Card Read
  • 2xUSB 3.0
  • 1xUSB 3.1 Type-C
  • 1xThunderbolt 3
  • Fingerprint reader
I was wondering if you considered the possibility of a faulty nvme (I heard that the samsung ssd's, especially the pm981 installed in a few t480's are generally not working with osx).
Did you manage to make it work at last?
I have a T480 without dedicated graphics and I was wondering the same thing. I also have a feeling that it has to do with the NVMe SSD since when it panics I get this Apple NVMeRequestTimer error

Hey guys! Sorry for being late !
I just succeeded installing Mojave 10.14.2 on my thinkpad!
I had this Samsung 970 Evo Plus which it wasn't working on either... But in fact I read that upgrading the SSD's firmware could do it! So I did through samsung's utility tool on windows. And guess what ? It worked! Without any weird reboots!
I don't know if there are available updates for the OEM versions but I think it could be worth a shot for you guys!

Hey guys! Sorry for being late !
I just succeeded installing Mojave 10.14.2 on my thinkpad!
I had this Samsung 970 Evo Plus which it wasn't working on either... But in fact I read that upgrading the SSD's firmware could do it! So I did through samsung's utility tool on windows. And guess what ? It worked! Without any weird reboots!
I don't know if there are available updates for the OEM versions but I think it could be worth a shot for you guys!

Alright, glad you succeeded. I'm going to try it but I don't think I'll have any kind of firmware update for my NVME, since it's Lenovo branded. Maybe using Lenovo Vantage...I'll give it a shot!

You used the last EFI you uploaded here?
Just replaced AptioMemoryFix-64 by the files you told me to. I went through the install process once more and it did the exact same thing. Still it made a "Install macos Mojave from <myssdpartition>" but reboots on the apple logo..

And I'm using a Sandisk Cruizer Blade 32GB USB 2.0

Let me give you my actual EFI Folder:

Do you believe this is an error specific to this case or the Thinkpad T series more broadly for hackintoshing? T580s as well?

Don't mean to dig up old threads, but I have this exact problem. Except I'm installing to a USB C external ssd. Anyone here with a t480 get past this? I'm guessing I need a better usb kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back