Contribute
Register

[Help] Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E520 Resolution 1024x768, Intel HD 3000 3mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ioreg is as simple as running IORegistryExplorer.app and doing a File->Save As or File->Save Copy As.
Okay I have saved a file from IORegistryExplorer.app. it is in the EFI/CLOVER/ioreg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 74
Okay I have saved a file from IORegistryExplorer.app. it is in the EFI/CLOVER/ioreg

It shows that EDID inject is working:
Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 5.40.21 PM.png

At least I've done something right .But that still leaves the question why I can't boot without the fake device Id

You need to provide some information on the result of that attempt.

You need to provide some information on the result of that attempt.
I did everything in the FAQ post. The terminal output (wasn't sure what format wanted so I copied and pasted the terminal to a txt document called "terminal output.txt" it is within EFI/Clover). The folder outputted by patchmatic is also in EFI/Clover and there is also a bootlog in the misc folder. IOREG is with the clover folder. If anything else is needed or I did something incorrectly just let me know!
Edit:
I realized how to export terminal and added the file as a zip.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 50
  • Terminal Saved Output.zip
    2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I did everything in the FAQ post. The terminal output (wasn't sure what format wanted so I copied and pasted the terminal to a txt document called "terminal output.txt" it is within EFI/Clover). The folder outputted by patchmatic is also in EFI/Clover and there is also a bootlog in the misc folder. IOREG is with the clover folder. If anything else is needed or I did something incorrectly just let me know!
Edit:
I realized how to export terminal and added the file as a zip.

You need to provide verbose boot photo and/or description/photo of what happens when you boot with the EFI/Clover you attached.

You need to provide verbose boot photo and/or description/photo of what happens when you boot with the EFI/Clover you attached.
My issue right now is I cannot seem to boot without using a fake device-id. I have injected the EDID since clover didn't detect is based on what the preboot.log said. Whenever I try booting without the fake device-id (put #deivce-id at least) it either get's goes into a black screen or goes into a bright white screen. When I can boot the resolution is 1024x768 with 3mb of VRAM (obviously from the fake-id). I also noticed that the screen resolution is wrong within clover bootloader as well, with or without the fake-id (not sure if that helps determine anything or not)

Locations of requested files:
RehabMan folder outputted by patchmatic - EFI/Clover/RehabMan
IOREG - EFI/Clover
Preboot.log.zip is the log of the black screen/whitescreen boot without fake device-id.
Preboot.log within EFI/Clover/Misc is the working boot with fake device-id

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output.zip
    2 KB · Views: 74
  • EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 78
  • 20181016_123739.jpg
    20181016_123739.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 44
  • preboot.log.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
My issue right now is I cannot seem to boot without using a fake device-id. I have injected the EDID since clover didn't detect is based on what the preboot.log said. Whenever I try booting without the fake device-id (put #deivce-id at least) it either get's goes into a black screen or goes into a bright white screen. When I can boot the resolution is 1024x768 with 3mb of VRAM (obviously from the fake-id). I also noticed that the screen resolution is wrong within clover bootloader as well, with or without the fake-id (not sure if that helps determine anything or not)

Locations of requested files:
RehabMan folder outputted by patchmatic - EFI/Clover/RehabMan
IOREG - EFI/Clover
Preboot.log.zip is the log of the black screen/whitescreen boot without fake device-id.
Preboot.log within EFI/Clover/Misc is the working boot with fake device-id

You have some wrong kexts in Clover/kexts/Other.
You should not be placing Apple system kexts there.
I see these:
AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext

Remove.

You have some wrong kexts in Clover/kexts/Other.
You should not be placing Apple system kexts there.
I see these:
AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext

Remove.
I got the same result removing the files.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 62
  • 20181016_123739.jpg
    20181016_123739.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back