Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU
i5-9600k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hello everyone, I've been attempting to boot the intaller on my MS Surface Book 2 (i7-8650U, 16GB) for the past week with no luck. Originally I was having the issue with end randomseed which turned out to be my laptop disliking the OsxAptioFix drivers. After getting past that, I now have kernel panics. I'm not sure which error on the log I should be more concerned about, the AE_NOT_FOUND or the panic (cpu 0 caller). I only found a few threads out on the internet regarding these two issues and no suggestions seemed to fix it. I have posted my verbose screenshots and my EFI folder if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks :D!
IMG_0446.jpg
IMG_0447.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 78
Hello everyone, I've been attempting to boot the intaller on my MS Surface Book 2 (i7-8650U, 16GB) for the past week with no luck. Originally I was having the issue with end randomseed which turned out to be my laptop disliking the OsxAptioFix drivers. After getting past that, I now have kernel panics. I'm not sure which error on the log I should be more concerned about, the AE_NOT_FOUND or the panic (cpu 0 caller). I only found a few threads out on the internet regarding these two issues and no suggestions seemed to fix it. I have posted my verbose screenshots and my EFI folder if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks :D!
View attachment 420482View attachment 420483
try an untouched config.plist from the laptop guide

also you shouldn't need any files in acpi/patched to get to the installer

FakeSMC looks a little old, best update that
only have clover/kexts/other, remove all the other folders in there 10.6 - 10.5

Lilu.kext.dSYM, VirtualSMC.kext.dSYM,WhateverGreen.kext.dSYM is not a kext, remove those

remove SMCHelper.efi from drivers/UEFI, that is not compatible with virutalSMC (you should have virtualsmc.efi in there!!)

try an untouched config.plist from the laptop guide

also you shouldn't need any files in acpi/patched to get to the installer

FakeSMC looks a little old, best update that
only have clover/kexts/other, remove all the other folders in there 10.6 - 10.5

Lilu.kext.dSYM, VirtualSMC.kext.dSYM,WhateverGreen.kext.dSYM is not a kext, remove those

remove SMCHelper.efi from drivers/UEFI, that is not compatible with virutalSMC (you should have virtualsmc.efi in there!!)

Hmm.... No luck. I implemented all of the changes you recommended and I'm still getting a similar, if not the same, kernel panic. I've tried this clover build with numerous variations including multiple USB drives, MacOS Mojave, and various boot options like safe mode and injecting a null graphics EDID and none will let me boot into the installer. Any other suggestions you might have to get it past this kernel panic?
IMG_0454.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
Hmm.... No luck. I implemented all of the changes you recommended and I'm still getting a similar, if not the same, kernel panic. I've tried this clover build with numerous variations including multiple USB drives, MacOS Mojave, and various boot options like safe mode and injecting a null graphics EDID and none will let me boot into the installer. Any other suggestions you might have to get it past this kernel panic?
View attachment 420962
you seem to be missing one of these:
OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or AptioMemoryFix-64.efi

only try one at a time

also you have 2 apfs files, use only 1

you seem to be missing one of these:
OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or AptioMemoryFix-64.efi

only try one at a time

also you have 2 apfs files, use only 1
I removed one of the apfs files so now I only have apfs.efi in there. However, the OsxAptioFixDrv(*) results in this error, which I had found was an issue prior to my original post which is why I had removed it. removing it seemed to get me at least to the kernel panic o_O. The AptioMemoryFix-64 results in just a row of plus signs and not any text before it. I've found others with the specific model of laptop I have and I've also tried their clover builds with no luck. Could it possibly be caused by the NVMe SSD inside of it?
IMG_0455.jpg

I removed one of the apfs files so now I only have apfs.efi in there. However, the OsxAptioFixDrv(*) results in this error, which I had found was an issue prior to my original post which is why I had removed it. removing it seemed to get me at least to the kernel panic o_O. The AptioMemoryFix-64 results in just a row of plus signs and not any text before it. I've found others with the specific model of laptop I have and I've also tried their clover builds with no luck. Could it possibly be caused by the NVMe SSD inside of it?
View attachment 420983
maybe try a different version of clover:

@FlipBurg you should start with a clean config.plist according to your close-matching hardware.
You can find them there for future reference: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

I attached you a config.plist to match with your hardware, use it and placed those SSDTs that i attached into your EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
- Remove all others that you already have, only leave the SSDT-RMNE.aml and the ones i attached.

your EFi/Clover/kexts/Other should also start as minimal as possible till you reach desktop:
- Lilu.kext
- VirtualSMC.kext
- SMCBatteryManager.kext
- WhateverGreen.kext
- AppleALC.kext
- USBInjectAll.kext
- VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Your EFI/Clover/Drives/UEFI should contain:
- HFSPlus.efi
- AptioMemoryFix.efi
- ApfsDriverLoader.efi
- DataHubDxe.efi
- FSInject.efi
- VirtualSMC.efi

The rest should be removed.

Im confident that with this setup you should be able to boot and complete installation without problems, then we can move on into fixing the rest of the remaining problems after you have installed macOS.

Attachments

• SurfaceBook2.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 62
I have finally made some major progress on this issue. The laptop has finally booted successfully (using the EFI from: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/surface-book-2-mojave-mini-guide.273499/post-1925046) and I was able to install macOS Catalina on it and boot into the installed OS. However, I seem to be unable to get hardware acceleration working for my Intel UHD Graphics 620. I've searched through multiple threads with people who have the same laptop and the UHD 620 graphics and used a mix of configs/EFIs. It seems that whenever I change the ig-platform-id to something other than 0x12345678, the machine panics, but using 0x12345678 allows me to boot successfully, albeit with no acceleration. Currently, I am using the EFI from this guide: https://www.google.com/url?client=i...FjAAegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw2z1nHiwAnf1p5ZVIVY0Xj5, with the ig-platform set to 0x12345678. Attached is a zip with the EFI file and a video of the verbose log if anyone can determine the error. Thanks.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    34.8 MB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back