Graphics
9800GT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I was trying to edit my DSDT... Experementing....
After restart, I can't boot anymore...
I also tried -x (safeboot) but still gets kernel panic.
Ow men... How can I boot now...
I've some files placed there and haven't backup yet...
How can I boot up again?

Here's what i found out at -v (verbose mode)

Panic(cpu 0 caller 0x5591db): Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.7.4/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert .cpp:1389

Boot from the iBoot disk.

This will bypass the new DSDT and allow you to boot to desktop to fix the issue.

rabbit

Try booting with iBoot and SL DVD...
And try restoring a working DSDT via the Terminal, or move /Extra aside and reboot.
You can then restore a good DSDT into the saved /Extra, restore it to /Extra, and reboot.

Another option which might work is boot with iboot, specifying DSDT=/dev/null

When hacking DSDTs, I always keep a working copy under /Extra/DSDT.aml, and use 'DSDT=/Extra/DSDT2.aml' in chameleon to read the hacked/experimental one.

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

Lnx2Mac said:
When hacking DSDTs, I always keep a working copy under /Extra/DSDT.aml, and use 'DSDT=/Extra/DSDT2.aml' in chameleon to read the hacked/experimental one.
Lnx2Mac

That's a great tip!

rabbit.

:?:
Resurrecting this thread for a sec. My GA-P55-USB3 has finally given up after its CMOS was wiped by the RTC wake from sleep issue. The CMOS chips or controller were damaged a while back when some idiot(ME) shorted the CMOS jumper while the power was on. After that it would only run properly if I used F7. Any later Bios would cause it to have a long beep and not boot. Now I can't get it to boot at all. I'm replacing it with a GA-H55M-USSB3. Since the GA-P55-USB3 DSDT is installed in my /Extra I'm expecting it to crash. I was wondering if someone can tell me how to delete or move my DSDT from my Lion install using iboot & terminal to head off the problem?

Thanks,

It occurred to me that all I needed to do was get an enclosure for one of my lion installed drives and connect it to my Macbook Pro by USB. I was able to remove the DSDT.aml from /Extra and remove the cache file also. Hopefully it'll work when I put it in my GA-H55M-USB3 tomorrow. I am wondering about ownership and permissions but hopefully it won't be a problem....

Any solution to this? I've got the same board and my DSDT causes a kernel panic at boot... booting with -s and "rm -rf"ing the file removed it so I could boot up. Without the DSDT I've got no graphics or mouse support so it would be nice for it to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back