Radeon 5600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys,

I hope you can help. I've had a search of the forums and not found a solution so far.

I had upgraded my Snow Leopard installation to Lion using xMove without any hitches. That was until i upgraded my Chameleon Bootloader to Chimera to try and get iCloud working.
Now i'm unable to boot, as soon as i try i just get a kernel panic.

I've tried using iBoot however booting using that (even in safe mode) just results in a dark blue screen that never loads or does anything. I've tried to boot my installation using rBoot but get exactly the same outcome as iBoot.

I'm a bit stuck for what to try next. Is there anyway i could manually roll back to the Chameleon installation by modifying any of the files?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Post a pic from your verbose mode...

Gambol said:
Hi Guys,

I hope you can help. I've had a search of the forums and not found a solution so far.

I had upgraded my Snow Leopard installation to Lion using xMove without any hitches. That was until i upgraded my Chameleon Bootloader to Chimera to try and get iCloud working.
Now i'm unable to boot, as soon as i try i just get a kernel panic.

I've tried using iBoot however booting using that (even in safe mode) just results in a dark blue screen that never loads or does anything. I've tried to boot my installation using rBoot but get exactly the same outcome as iBoot.

I'm a bit stuck for what to try next. Is there anyway i could manually roll back to the Chameleon installation by modifying any of the files?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tried rBoot? You can find it on downloads section. Try it and reply back. :thumbup:

Gjar5YfH

ahb4GRA1

Here's a couple of screenshots from verbose mode. Really stuck with this one.

I tried rBoot but it doesnt seem to do anything different. I'm not sure if i'm using it propely but when the bootloader appears i just select my Lion partition and it kernel panics the same as it normally would.

Gambol said:
Gjar5YfH

ahb4GRA1

Here's a couple of screenshots from verbose mode. Really stuck with this one.

I tried rBoot but it doesnt seem to do anything different. I'm not sure if i'm using it propely but when the bootloader appears i just select my Lion partition and it kernel panics the same as it normally would.

when you are on the boot screen highlight your mac partition and enter this:
cpus=2 -v and hit enter.

Thanks for the response, much appreciated!

I gave that a try, doesnt seem to make much difference unfortunately.

Here's a couple of screenshots:

lNfYXFdd

YgUS4w9Q

Gambol said:
Thanks for the response, much appreciated!

I gave that a try, doesnt seem to make much difference unfortunately.

Here's a couple of screenshots:

Hey You have a Hardware attached to your usb ports. Silex somehting? Remove everything from usb ports just leave keyboard and mouse then try cpus=2 or 4 -v.

This may be here nor there but do you have a Time Machine backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back