Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,

I successfully built my first Hackintosh early last month, and got everything working just fine except for igpu graphics acceleration (7MB). For over a month now, I've been scouring all the forums and following countless guides and tutorials, and have honestly tried everything I've come across. So considering I'm all out of ideas (and haven't found a single forum thread about my specific build), I'd like to ask this amazing community for help.

At this point, I've rolled back my config.plist (and kexts/other) to a bare minimum state, and am only using my installer to boot. Please take a look at my EFI folder attached and advise. I'm happy to provide anything else as well upon request.

Thanks in advance!

[a few things I've already tried]

- every SMBIOS from 14,1 to 18,3
- adding productID and vendorID in config.phtml based on IOReg (since removed)
- compiled debug versions of lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext (currently in kexts/other)
- changing ig-platform-id (currently using 0x3E9B0007 for coffeelake)
- changing IntelGFX Fake ID (currently reset to 0x0)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Hi,

I successfully built my first Hackintosh early last month, and got everything working just fine except for igpu graphics acceleration (7MB). For over a month now, I've been scouring all the forums and following countless guides and tutorials, and have honestly tried everything I've come across. So considering I'm all out of ideas (and haven't found a single forum thread about my specific build), I'd like to ask this amazing community for help.

At this point, I've rolled back my config.plist (and kexts/other) to a bare minimum state, and am only using my installer to boot. Please take a look at my EFI folder attached and advise. I'm happy to provide anything else as well upon request.

Thanks in advance!

[a few things I've already tried]

- every SMBIOS from 14,1 to 18,3
- adding productID and vendorID in config.phtml based on IOReg (since removed)
- compiled debug versions of lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext (currently in kexts/other)
- changing ig-platform-id (currently using 0x3E9B0007 for coffeelake)
- changing IntelGFX Fake ID (currently reset to 0x0)

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
Hi RehabMan, thank you so much for your reply; I'm sorry that this is the first chance I've had to respond.

I've attached the problem reporting files as generated by the gen_debug tool. Please let me know of any problems or if there's anything else I should provide.

Looking forward to your advice!

Attachments

• debug_16959.zip
    961.7 KB · Views: 106
UPDATE:

After about 2 months of struggling with the igpu acceleration...I HAVE FINALLY SUCCEEDED by using the config file shared by @backwardmac in this thread. I was actually about to cave and buy a graphics card today, but decided to try this one last thing and am so glad I did. I hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.3 KB · Views: 356
UPDATE:

After about 2 months of struggling with the igpu acceleration...I HAVE FINALLY SUCCEEDED by using the config file shared by @backwardmac in this thread. I was actually about to cave and buy a graphics card today, but decided to try this one last thing and am so glad I did. I hope this helps someone.

This plist is a CFL->KBL spoof, so not using UHD630 native CFL kexts.

This plist is a CFL->KBL spoof, so not using UHD630 native CFL kexts.
Yep I realize that. Unfortunately, I found it impossible to get igpu acceleration using native CFL kexts. I suspect that my particular mobo is not fully compatible in this regard.

What do you think? Do you have any ideas to get igpu acceleration working using native CFL kexts? If not, what are the pros/cons of using KBL spoof vs native CFL?

Yep I realize that. Unfortunately, I found it impossible to get igpu acceleration using native CFL kexts. I suspect that my particular mobo is not fully compatible in this regard.

What do you think? Do you have any ideas to get igpu acceleration working using native CFL kexts? If not, what are the pros/cons of using KBL spoof vs native CFL?

There are a few examples of people getting CFL kexts working...

UPDATE:

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU @starmachines ! After spending all christmas pulling my hair out, I'm FINALLY at 1536 MB. PS: I love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back