Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
GTX 660TI
Hey guys, I've tried to install High Sierra two ways now and I keep getting stuck at the same issue.

First I tried updating directly from El Capitan 10.11.6. After selecting Install macOS High Sierra in Clover Bootloader I get stuck on a black screen with a white apple logo. It doesn't do anything, just hangs.

Ok Fine I tried creating a USB disk with High Sierra, to do a clean install.
So after selecting "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra" my usb drive, i get the exact same black screen with white apple logo. There is no progress bar or spinning beach ball.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Thanks

edit: it may have been a bios issue. I went into bios and changed one thing: "I. Set to Optimized Defaults"

Maybe it was some BIOS setting because now at least I'm getting a progress bar. it stops halfway though

edit: verbose setting gives me "<Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds...""

One thing i'm unsure about how is what clover options to set... i only did "-v" but i didn't see anything else to set

Last edited:
Same here too I'm using a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 whit Nvidia gtx 550 ti which has being working all these years from lion to sierra not with high sierra
CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE. THANK YOU.

Hey guys, I've tried to install High Sierra two ways now and I keep getting stuck at the same issue.

First I tried updating directly from El Capitan 10.11.6. After selecting Install macOS High Sierra in Clover Bootloader I get stuck on a black screen with a white apple logo. It doesn't do anything, just hangs.

Ok Fine I tried creating a USB disk with High Sierra, to do a clean install.
So after selecting "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra" my usb drive, i get the exact same black screen with white apple logo. There is no progress bar or spinning beach ball.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Thanks

edit: it may have been a bios issue. I went into bios and changed one thing: "I. Set to Optimized Defaults"

Maybe it was some BIOS setting because now at least I'm getting a progress bar. it stops halfway though

edit: verbose setting gives me "<Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds...""

One thing i'm unsure about how is what clover options to set... i only did "-v" but i didn't see anything else to set
Same here too I'm using a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 whit Nvidia gtx 550 ti which has being working all these years from lion to sierra not with high sierra
Both GTX 660Ti and GTX 550Ti aren't (fully) supported in HighSierra. Use iGPU or switch to a new GPU instead.

Both GTX 660Ti and GTX 550Ti aren't (fully) supported in HighSierra. Use iGPU or switch to a new GPU instead.

I too am trying to use a long time functional i3-3225 iGPU (also tried testing with a GT 610) with the same GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and it also hangs at the logo. Disabling Super I/O and -f no cache did not help.

Attachments

• 1109170842_Burst02.jpg
    1109170842_Burst02.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
I too am trying to use a long time functional i3-3225 iGPU (also tried testing with a GT 610) with the same GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and it also hangs at the logo. Disabling Super I/O and -f no cache did not help.
scootcha
  • Please start your own thread to get any real help you can tailor to your hardware.
    • You are tagging along to someone else's post started with a different set of hardware from your own that might need a different troubleshoot advice.
      • This can only cause problems for the original poster and people who try to answer.
      • This will also get you confused as the people who answer may be posting their responses based on the OP's hardware.
      • The 'cross talk' and 'noise' this type of posts with multiple participants can generate in a post like this can make this a useless reference for people searching for an answer and finding this on search engines!

scootcha
  • Please start your own thread to get any real help you can tailor to your hardware

Just trying to let bomboly know they were not alone. I'll just stick with 12.6 and wait for the support of 13 to mature.

Did you start new thread as I have exactly same problem, will boot fine if usb drive used and selected, my usb is blank!

do you mean enable integrated graphics in BIOS? Would my 660Ti work later once I got High Sierra installed or no?

do you mean enable integrated graphics in BIOS? Would my 660Ti work later once I got High Sierra installed or no?
It sort of "works", but you'll get random crazy artifacts. Please take a look at this thread.
And yes, using the iGPU for installation process is a good idea. Doing so eliminates issues from dedicated GPU.

Same problem also with GA-Z68X-UD3-B3, I'm updating bios to clear all the random bios boot entries clover has made and will be trying an install using the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext . I'll update how this goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back