i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have bene using the built in Intel graphics for many years and I have just decided to put a new Radeon RX580.
I am on in High Sierra, MOBO is GA-Z87X-UD5 TH.

Can any one help with the installation? Do I need to add Ktext (to other drivers) before installing the Radeon?

Thank you so much for your help!
aa

Follow these steps to switch to a discrete AMD graphics card:
  1. Set the discrete Graphics card as the primary display device in your bios.
  2. Leave the Intel GPU enabled in the bios.
  3. Change the ig-platform-id or AAPL-ig-platform-id from the current setting to a 'headless' ID, as a real iMac would use.
  4. I have the following Device Property settings for my HD 4600 IGPU in my /OC/config.plist: Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 00.13.56.png
  5. Make sure you have the latest versions of Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in your /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder, if booting with Clover or the /EFI/OC/kexts folder if using OpenCore to boot the system.
  6. Do not set either 'inject Intel' or Inject ATI' as yes/true in your config.plist as this is not required in this setup.
  7. You should be using the iMac 14,2 or 15,1 SMBIOS with your Haswell i7-4770 CPU.
  8. The AMD GPU drivers/kexts are built-in to macOS, so no need to download and install any additional kexts.

Follow these steps to switch to a discrete AMD graphics card:
  1. Set the discrete Graphics card as the primary display device in your bios.
  2. Leave the Intel GPU enabled in the bios.
  3. Change the ig-platform-id or AAPL-ig-platform-id from the current setting to a 'headless' ID, as a real iMac would use.
  4. I have the following Device Property settings for my HD 4600 IGPU in my /OC/config.plist:View attachment 492080
  5. Make sure you have the latest versions of Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in your /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder, if booting with Clover or the /EFI/OC/kexts folder if using OpenCore to boot the system.
  6. Do not set either 'inject Intel' or Inject ATI' as yes/true in your config.plist as this is not required in this setup.
  7. You should be using the iMac 14,2 or 15,1 SMBIOS with your Haswell i7-4770 CPU.
  8. The AMD GPU drivers/kexts are built-in to macOS, so no need to download and install any additional kexts.
Hi, great thank you so much for your help.I know it is a stupid question but how to do you change the ig-platform-id or AAPL-ig-platform-id from the current setting to a 'headless' ID?
And how do I install the Lilu and WhateverGreen kept?

Thank you so much for your help!

aa

Post a copy of your current (assumed) Clover folder and I will make the changes necessary to switch from using the IGPU to using a discrete GPU, with the Intel iGPU set up to run headless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back