Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys, so far I have had no luck installing OSX using UniBeast!

I can get to the install page and can us the installer fully, my problem is I can not figure out how to format my hard drive (That is blank) to be seen by the Mountain Lion installer! I had an external hard drive and installed it on that, but UniBeast does not like it when multiple USB's are being used so I could not boot onto the external hard drive after the installation needed to reboot and finish.

Currently I am running Windows 7. I do have access to MacOsX through Virtual Box (Yes I payed for Mountain Lion)

I want to be able to boot into either MacOsX or Windows 7 (Not run two at the same time with virtual box)
So essentially what I need help with is how to format my hard drive within windows to be able to be seen in the Mac Installer using UniBeast.

Things I have tried (though I may have done them wrong)
-Bios are configured properly to accept ACHI
-Formatting the hard drive using DiskPart in windows with the Id=af
-Formatting the hard drive within Virtual Box to Mac Journal format (which caused my hard drive to go invisible in windows which is good but could still not access it from the Mac Installer)

Some Hardware Information
3 hard drives Sata connection
-300gig for Windows Boot
1TB for programs/Media
1TB blank for OSX install
+External USB hard drive

Gigabyte Sabertooth 55i Mobo
Intel I3
8gb Ram
Nvidia 560Ti Fermi

Thanks for your help guys!
~CMS

Hey Guys, so far I have had no luck installing OSX using UniBeast!

I can get to the install page and can us the installer fully, my problem is I can not figure out how to format my hard drive (That is blank) to be seen by the Mountain Lion installer! I had an external hard drive and installed it on that, but UniBeast does not like it when multiple USB's are being used so I could not boot onto the external hard drive after the installation needed to reboot and finish.

Currently I am running Windows 7. I do have access to MacOsX through Virtual Box (Yes I payed for Mountain Lion)

I want to be able to boot into either MacOsX or Windows 7 (Not run two at the same time with virtual box)
So essentially what I need help with is how to format my hard drive within windows to be able to be seen in the Mac Installer using UniBeast.

Not possible to format the HDD with Windows Disk Management tool to be able to see the OS X HDD because Windows DM doesn't have the capability to format GPT - which is what OS X requires.
BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP your Windows files to an external disk. Create disk image if you want.
If you want to install OS X and Windows7/8 on the same HDD, format the drive GPT (select GUID partition tables in the OS X disk utility). Create a partition for OS X formatting it MacOS Extended (Journaled) and a partiton for Windows formatted MSDOS FAT.

Use the Windows installer to format the MSDOS FAT partition NTFS and either restore or clean install Windows.
Install OS X on the MacOS partition.

I am currently trying to use something like GParted to boot into a utility that can format the hard drive with the correct Filesystem. Will that not work either?

I am currently trying to use something like GParted to boot into a utility that can format the hard drive with the correct Filesystem. Will that not work either?

Not without reformatting the entire HDD.

That's fine the hard drive already is blank. I am using Magic Part and tried formatting it through that to HFS+ and Unibeast still can't detect the hard drive. It only detects the USB for installation of OSX

SOLVED: Help-Installing OSX with UniBeast through Windows Hard Drive issue

Solved: checking my BIOS again it had turned off Ahci hard drive format read so changing that fixed this issue and I have ML installed but I have a new issue:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back