Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has any one had luck installing Os x 10.9 Maverick on a MSI Z77 Mpower. I get it to the first gray screen on the installer and that's where it sits. I've tried different flags and can't get past the first gray screen. Os x 10.8 installed and runs great. I was trying to upgrade to the newest.

I'm on a
(MB) MSI MPower Z77
(CPU) i5 3570K
(Video Card) ATI 4870
(Hard Drive) OCZ Vertex 4

I'm too lazy to type it again, so please have a look here ;)

I'm too lazy to type it again, so please have a look here ;)

Thank you. I've left it sit there for over 30 mins. I can see the mouse but nothing else.
I can move the mouse around but I'm not sure if its locking up on loading something.

Try to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Thank you. I've left it sit there for over 30 mins. I can see the mouse but nothing else.
I can move the mouse around but I'm not sure if its locking up on loading something.

I had this on my previous build - If I switched it off and back on the build continued.

Good Luck

Still no luck I've let it sit and tried the flags. It will get the that greyish blue screen an stall.

Not sure what else to try.:banghead:

Has anyone had luck getting into the installer yet with the MSI Mpower Z77.

Found out it was vid card related. I had to unplug the 2nd monitor and then once booted to the grey screen change the monitor one cable from the port it was plugged into to the other port. Then I could see the installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back