Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hello guys

i successfully installed SL 10.6 on my harddrive. I wanted to dual boot with Win7 as well but this is where I am having trouble.

i followed this tutorial
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -snow.html

i basically instally SL first, and then windows 7. now windows 7 boots first. but i put in the iboot cd, dloaded the .zip file, installed on the drive, and set my drive to active (how do i know i successfully set the partition as active?) and when i restart, it will boot up to win 7 but before the logo can finish, it will crash. after that when i restart it will boot into a screen where it will ask me to repair or boot up window automatically

whats going on?

btw, will Iboot + multibeast work for me?

it seems like its only for P55? or do i just opt for the easybeast option?

so you followed this step as well?

STEP 6: SET THE OS X PARTITION AS ACTIVE
You now have to set the Snow Leopard partition so that your computer boots from it first. Therefore, Chameleon loads and you can select either Snow Leopard or Windows 7. You will have to issue a few commands to Terminal in order to accomplish this task.

Open Applications/Utilities/Terminal.
Type diskutil list
Write down the IDENTIFIER of your Apple_HFS Snow Leopard drive. For this example: disk0s2.
Type sudo -s
Enter your password.
Type fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
Type p
Type f 2
Type w
Type y
Close Terminal and reboot.

Unplug all drives except the dual boot drive and restart. You should now be able to boot directly into Chameleon, stop the boot countdown and select either Snow Leopard or Windows NTFS as shown in the picture below.

Imho it is best to put windows on a second physical drive.

plug your OSX drive into SATA-0, install, make bootable.

next disconnect osx

plug Win drive into SATA-0

install win

disconnect win and plug it back into SATA-1

plug OSX back into SATA-0

now when you boot you will have a choice to boot what OS but it will boot OSX as default.

This way you will avoid future problems and if you need you can remove either drive and stick it in another machine or many other options. Also this way you will avoid the need for messing around in terminal which can be daunting if you are new to it. This method is cleaner and more modular. Drives are cheap. Partitioning drives is no longer necessary imo.

I hope that helps.

r.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back