Graphics
sapphire radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I had leopard succesfully installed some time ago on my pc, now I'd like to reinstall it (without updating it to ML). My questions is how do i have to set up the bios options, what I have to do to get hdmi audio working (I mean audio+video both working with hdmi cable), and what multibeast options to select to get it working. My pc has the following parts:
-i7 950
-ga-x58-usb3
-sapphire 6870
-4gb ddr3 ram 1333mhz
-1hdd 1tb sata
-1hdd 300gb sata

Look for the BIOS settings for the build in my sig - they should be the same for your board.

You will need to update to at least 10.6.7 as soon as you hit the first desktop after install reboot to get support for the 6870, then run MultiBeast User DSDT with the DSDT from the database that matches your board version/BIOS rev., and add selections for networking and sound.

Many thanks man! I have to select only the audio and network options? nothing about the bootloader or the sata ecc?only dsdt install, network and sound?

Many thanks man! I have to select only the audio and network options? nothing about the bootloader or the sata ecc?only dsdt install, network and sound?

And what to do to get the hdmi audio work? in ML only selecting the right codec it didnt work, maybe in SL its not the same?

And what to do to get the hdmi audio work? in ML only selecting the right codec it didn't work, maybe in SL its not the same?

The difference is in SL MultiBeast you are using macman's ALC8xx + AppleHDA rollback for audio.

In ML MultiBeast you are using toleda's patched AppleHDA. The "with DSDT" loads just the patched AppleHDA, the "without DSDT" loads the patched AppleHDA + HDA enabler for your codec you select.

To get HDMI audio you will need to edit a DSDT - see the HDMI audio in the audio forum for "how-to"

Ok Im ready for the installation, before I go with it, I'll need: SL dvd, iboot, multibeast, dsdt, 10.6.8 combo update. There is something i forgot? so i install SL, update to 10.6.8, install multibeast and than reboot? and for multibeast what options I need to select for my system? with dsdt, audio, netowork and what more? thank you guys

Ok Im ready for the installation, before I go with it, I'll need: SL dvd, iboot, multibeast, dsdt, 10.6.8 combo update. There is something i forgot? so i install SL, update to 10.6.8, install multibeast and than reboot? and for multibeast what options I need to select for my system? with dsdt, audio, netowork and what more? thank you guys

OK, first time around: Make sure the DSDT you download matches board rev and BIOS version of your board.
install SL per http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html and when you get to the first desktop, put the DSDT file on the desktop along with the 10.6.8 combo update and MultiBeast. Eject the iBoot disc and remove it from the tray.

Launch MB and select User DSDT and system utilities only for this first pass. Click on next, verify the drive to be installed on is correct, but do not click on install at this time

Launch the 10.6.8 update combo and run the update. When it has finished and wants to reboot, double click on the MB install button. When MB is finished, close it and click on the reboot button on the updater window.

At the desktop again after reboot, launch MB again and this time select system ALC8xx audio, 10.6.2 rollback and Lnx2mac's Realtek8xxx ethernet kext. Click next, verify correct drive/partition and ckick install. When MB is finished, the ethernet installer will start automatically, click through the legal stuff and install it. Launch MB again and this time select only system utilities. When complete, reboot. Done.

Ok Im ready for the installation, before I go with it, I'll need: SL dvd, iboot, multibeast, dsdt, 10.6.8 combo update. There is something i forgot? so i install SL, update to 10.6.8, install multibeast and than reboot? and for multibeast what options I need to select for my system? with dsdt, audio, network and what more? thank you guys

kevinfigo

Just do make sure that the installed bios version number matches the dsdt file version number that you see on the Tonymacx86 install

Thank you guys, now I start trying to install, Ill write here how its going with my installation :)

Guys, everything works perfectly except audio..with hdmi cable it doesnt work and it doesnt work too with dvi+audio. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back