Graphics
GTX 1050Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I need help installing Mac OS X Lion on the Gigabyte-GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB.
My motherboard is the same as mentioned above, and my processor is an Intel Core i5 2500K.
It has 8 GB RAM.
1 TB seagate barracuda hard drive.
And, I have the WiFi card installed in it right now.
Now, when I try to boot it, it just doesnt work. I put in the unibeast drive, and when I try booting with it, the computer starts rebooting like crazy. It just "WONT" boot.
Someone, please help me! I bought all the hardware from the Customac guide, but I am unable to get it working. Please help me!

Someone please help me, this is urgent!

And btw, I am using a 4GB usb. Could that cause the problem? Is it necessary to use 8+ gb?

Coincidently I am having this exact same problem right now. Would it be worth removing the wifi pci-e card? Could that be causing the installer to reboot the computer?

themacguy said:
And btw, I am using a 4GB usb. Could that cause the problem? Is it necessary to use 8+ gb?

Yes get an 8GB USB and remove wifi card for now...use onboard ethernet. Also check out my build using the same boardhttp://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=64438. I had problems at first but now I have everything accept WIFI.

Just tried removing the wi-fi pci-e card and it did not change anything.. Still getting instant reboots.

I'm using unibeast with 10.7.4 on an 8gb drive. I've tried using 2 different HDs, I've tried bios F4, F5, and now F7. I've only got 4gb of memory currently installed on the mobo. Not sure what else to try at this point!

I'm a complete noob. I just installed bridgehelper and that seemed to at least get me past where I was.. Will update.

Now I'm stuck at waiting for root device.. Trying to put HD on all the different intel stat ports.

cpus=1 -v

That got me past still waiting for root device.

Linkamus said:
Coincidently I am having this exact same problem right now. Would it be worth removing the wifi pci-e card? Could that be causing the installer to reboot the computer?

Actually, I atleast got this installed. What you should do is use one of the two usb 2.0 ports at the back of the mobo, not any 3.0 one, it wont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back