Contribute
Register

Help! Installed Corsair H80i, now kernal panic??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Black Ninja
CPU
Intel i7 2600k Sandy Bridge
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I received an H80i to replace my broken H80. I installed it, booted up and now I get a panic.

Here's my system....
I'm running 10.8.2
GZ-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (UEFI Bios)
i7 2600K (H80i Cooler)
GTX670
Samsung 830 SSD
G.Skill Rip Jaw RAM

Here's the verbos boot...
photo_zps9d7e7f6a.jpg

Side note: The phase LED's on my mobo are lit up to the red as if my CPU is at 100% load when monitoring applications say it is not. This has been this way since I updated to UEFI. Also now with the H80i, the fans are at full blast all the time. Not sure if this is related to the phase LED's or not because before this I controlled my fans via a controller.

Any help?

Try to reset and configure your BIOS again to see.

Any idea what the panic is?

And I'm a bit hesitant to reset bios because I kind of forgot everything I changed to get Mac to boot and everything like that. I know to change everything IDE to AHCI but I forgot what else I changed at this point.

the KP looks like your USB 3, but could caused by OC or other CPU related settings.

Could it be from plugging the corsair link into the USB pins on the mobo? I didn't change any CPU settings on the mobo unless I did by accident but I doubt it.

Well the panic was caused by the USB it seems, is the USB connection required for the h80i? if so then it might be good to know that OSX users should avoid the newer h80i/h100i and simply go for the older h80/h100 models that don't need USB.

They stopped making the H80 and I just returned my broken one. I'll look into whether or not the USB is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back