Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, Hope someone can help.
I'm having probelms trying to install on Dell Optiplex 745 PC.
IBoot starts OK , F5 to change DVD OK , Leopard DVD starts to load - gets to grey Apple logo screen then stops , wont go any further. Have tried with iboot & iboot legacy ISO.

Heres PC specs :
Pentium D 3.4Ghz / 800 / 2x2M Cache / socket 775
Intel 965 (ICH8 chipset)
3Gig DDR2 RAM
Hitachi 160G SATA HDD.
Pioneer 218L SATA DVD.
ADI 1983 HDA Audio.
Broadcom 5754 Lan.
Intel GMA3000 onboard Video.

The Dell BIOS has no setting for changing SATA/ACHI........

Help
:(

I have had a fairly successful install on another PC which was even older :
Intel 945 , socket 775 , onboard video , IDE drives etc , so I hope it is an incompatibilty of some sort rather than my stuff-up...... :mrgreen:

:?:

Yeah already tried that.....any other ideas ?

I managed to get My Optiplex 745 to boot. However I have the Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1Ghz CPU. I was able to boot ok after working through a few tough things. I could only boot successfully from the iBoot Legacy CD.

Try turning off Drive logging, I changed my SATA options to Legacy and this worked the magic for me. I'm booting into OSX 10.6.3

So far I've been able to boot into OSX and set it up and have it running but no luck so far with multibeast getting my drive to boot and run automatically. Also having issues getting ATI Drivers for HD X300 to work. Only a 256MG graphics card on PCIE. Mind you I'm very new to MAC and Hacintosh so It's all trial and error and lots of re-boots till it works right.

I'll look through my bios and report back if you like?

Were you able to get the Optiplex 745 to install? I have a 745 with the Pentium D proc in it running BIOS 2.6.4 (I think) and it hangs at the Apple screen. The iBoot Legacy disc just endlessly reboots.

TIA,
Bill

For 745 to be able to install OSX you need at first put SATA in legacy mode under bios settings, and then add AppleVIAATA.kext to the boot process.

Once installed you can edit DSDT with the "Native SATA hack" and add AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext to the /Extra/Extensions folder and it will boot from HD using ACHI mode.

To try Vanilla install you should compose your own Boot CD with the before mentioned kexts.

System boots fine, but i was unable to make BCM5703 ethernet to work, and also the integrated graphics adapter. Haven't spent much time eitherway trying to make it fully working, but i bet it will require a lot of DSDT patching.

I have been able to boot the 745 in legacy sata mode with the IOATAFamily.kext (version 2.51) in /Extra/Extension, but can't get it to recognize more than two sata connections. I am attempting to get it to recognize all sata connections. I have 8GB, not sure if that makes a difference, but i remember before i upgraded, that I was able to see them somehow. Can you list the contents of your /Extra/Extensions folder again, so I can compare? I am attempting to get it to recognize the sata connections in normal sata mode.

you xan try to boot in safe mode before you boot put in PCIRoot=UID -x
then boot verbose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back