nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
History:
I have previously installed OS X Lion with this motherboard (F4 BIOS andF4.aml file from Tony’s DSDT section)
I’ve decided to do clean install of ML using Unibeast. I’ve updated the BIOS to F6 and downloaded F6.aml DSDT. I configured the BIOS settings to AHCI and 64-bit.
The install of ML goes smooth but after I run Multibeast 5.1.2 I get white screen with apple logo on reboot. I’ve tried different Multibeast configurations like:
  • Using custom DSDT (F6.aml) with or without other drivers
  • Using Easybeast only
Has anyone had success install ML using GA-Z68XP-UD5 with F6 BIOS and F6.aml from Tony’s DSTD section?
Please help me resolve that issue.

Photo Oct 17, 10 14 09 AM.jpg

this is what i get (using -v) after EasyBeast install

Thanks

When you run MultiBeast after installing make sure you select the AppleRTC rollback option - I think it is under drivers -> misc but not sure - look for it. Did you install the nVidia gfx drivers under drivers->graphics?

When you run MultiBeast after installing make sure you select the AppleRTC rollback option - I think it is under drivers -> misc but not sure - look for it. Did you install the nVidia gfx drivers under drivers->graphics?

I just installed ML again. I ran Mulibeast with user DSDT, F6.aml on the desktop and only Apple RTC rollback selected from System menu.
Again white screen with apple logo at reboot! -v mode gives me the following:
2012-10-17 17.32.16.jpg

Do we need to repair permissions as I remember that it was an option from previous Mulibeast versions?
I don't seem to find this under 5.1.2 version.
Any suggestions of what could be the problem based on the screenshot?
Could it be that the F6.aml is the issue here?

Any suggestions? What should I try next?
:banghead:

Boot with: -v npci=0x2000
or if that doesn't work, boot with: -v npci=0x3000

Same issue here
10.8.2 unibeast install with user DSDT F6.aml
GTX 460 graphics
GA-Z68XP-UD5 with F6 bios update
Install completes OK but after running Multibeast 5.1.2 w/ F6.aml got hanged at apple logo screen
rebooted with -v selected and saw that was stuck at "PCI configuration begin"
rebooted with -v ncpi=0x2000 and was able to login successfully
added npci=0x2000 into Kernel Flags by editing .plist
rebooted again this time I got white screen with apple logo AND the spinning wheel and few(30-40) seconds later the "stop sign".
rebooted with -v and got to a point where it's said "Still waiting for root device"
rebooted with -v PCIRootUID=1 and was able to login successfully
added PCIRootUID=1 into Kernel Flags by editing .plist
shutdown than started up and got to same issue - white screen with apple logo AND the spinning wheel and few(30-40) seconds later the "stop sign".
IT LOOKS LIKE AFTER COMPLETE SHUTDOWN YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY ENTER -v npci=0x2000 or -v PCIRootUID=1 to BOOT :banghead:
here is what I have in .plist and multibeast
Help please
Screen Shot1.jpgScreen Shot2.jpg

I do not see AppleRTC rollback but there is AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Rstet!
I selected 10.8.x OpenLC Patch and Nvidia Retail 304.00.00... under drivers->grapcics->Nvidia Fermi OpenCL Patch->
As stated in the previous post I can only boot when I manually type -v npci=0x2000 even though it is listed in Kernel Flags in .plist
Any idea?

Have you been able to resolve your boot problems? If so, please share your steps/advice.

I'm about to install ML to my GA-Z68XP-UD5 and want to be ready for potential issues.

Thanks in advance.

He is using a discrete gfx card. Boot flags for iGPU on Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPU HD3000/HD4000 will do absolutely no good.

If you do not know, please do not just throw out anything you might have seen somewhere else. It does more harm than good.

He is using a discrete gfx card. Boot flags for iGPU on Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPU HD3000/HD4000 will do absolutely no good.

If you do not know, please do not just throw out anything you might have seen somewhere else. It does more harm than good.
If you look at the picture, he hung after "PCI configuration begin"

npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000 are known solutions for a hang after this message. npci=0x2000 was better with Snow Leopard and 0x3000 was better with Lion and Mountain Lion, but 0x2000 often works for those as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back