Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 760
A couple of weeks ago, in preparation for updating to Sierra, I updated Clover through the program's own update system. That broke my system. I got up and running booting from a flash drive and, after a little work, mostly reinstalling Clover and copying over the Boot and Clover folder from my flash drive to my SSD EFI, I was able to boot again and things were good.
Then I used the App Store to update to Sierra. Because I didn't prepare properly, I broke things again, but was able to get up and running fairly soon by putting the kext files in other folder. Then I was running Sierra and booting from my Hack with no problem. I noticed that Clover wasn't auto booting so, using some information from a thread, I tried to modify config.sys using the configurator. That did not work and things broke again. After a little work, I'm able to boot to a blurry background screen that should also show a place to type p/w. But nothing shows. If I type in my p/w, things will keep booting, but things are just broken.

When I shut down and boot from the thumb drive, I'm again able to run Sierra and things are nice. I've tried installing Clover, I'm running 3786, which is what was running when it worked before I used the configurator. I've moved the EFI contents from my flash drive to my SSD. But I can't get any further. Any help?

Thank you,

The Rules said:
Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums. Duplicate threads will be deleted

Hi! Well, I took the direct route (did not create a recover USB drive) and updated to Sierra quite easily. It booted normally, worked fine but did not recognize the Realtek Sound or the USB 3.0 of my GA-H97M-D3H motherboard. This happened when I installed El Capitan, too, and it was corrected running Multibeast and installing the correct kexts.
I did the same now, but it seems that I have added some extra kexts and the system will not boot anymore. It shows the apple logo on the screen and the progress bar, which moves at an incredibly slow speed. After that, it stalls and does nothing else.
Is there a way to edit the kexts:
  • from Clover?
  • from my El Capitan/Multibeast USB drive?
  • from my duplicated (SuperDuper) El Capitan HD?
As a last resort, I will restore the SSD drive from the duplicated drive, but I would rather fix things some other way.
Thank you for helping!
Carlos

From the installer you can open terminal, mount your hard drive, adjust files, reboot without caches I believe.

Thanks, Surgeing.

I managed to boot from the updated SSD disk entering the machine BIOS and choosing the USB recovery dongle I had from El Capitan. Clover from this USB dongle loaded and then I chose to boot from the SSD Sierra disk.

Everything is working fine, including audio, network, etc., except that I cannot boot from the newest version from Clover that is in this SSD disk. This means that I have to enter the BIOS setup everytime I have to boot (or leave the dongle on the machine and change the boot order to boot from this dongle, which is awkard).

Now, I do not know if the problem is with the kext files I added or if this is something else. I reinstalled Clover 9, to no avail.

Would you have some other advice?

Thanks again,

Carlos

It would be helpful if you could add -v as a boot flag to clover when booting from ssd . You can do this on demand by pushing space on the clover load screen and then selecting verbose in the set of options before continuing the boot.

What I'm looking for is a photo or some detail about how far it gets into the boot process.

Also, showing us what's in /Library/Extenisons and in Boot/CLOVER/Extensions/10* and Other will be helpful.

Hi, Surgeinc.
Please find attached 3 pictures I took from the boot sequence with verbose. This is the last screen and the pictures are in sequence from top to bottom.
Also I have uploaded images of the folders you requested.
Right now I am booting Sierra with Clover 3320 that is in a pendrive. I changed the boot sequence in BIOS to start booting from this pendrive and it works fine - except that I do not trust it... :) It seems something might break sometime.
Thanks again for your help.

Carlos

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2016-10-12 às 17.57.37.png
    Captura de Tela 2016-10-12 às 17.57.37.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Captura de Tela 2016-10-12 às 18.03.36.png
    Captura de Tela 2016-10-12 às 18.03.36.png
    126.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Captura de Tela 2016-10-12 às 18.04.06.png
    Captura de Tela 2016-10-12 às 18.04.06.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 143
  • Captura de Tela 2016-10-12 às 18.04.32.png
    Captura de Tela 2016-10-12 às 18.04.32.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Captura de Tela 2016-10-12 às 18.04.45.png
    Captura de Tela 2016-10-12 às 18.04.45.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 94
The boot w/verbose images did not uload, uploading them here.

Regarding folders .../CLOVER/kexts/10.*, only /10.11 has a file (audio kext) and other has FakeSMC.kext.

Carlos

Attachments

• IMG_2005.JPG
    IMG_2005.JPG
    778.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2006.JPG
    IMG_2006.JPG
    762.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2008.JPG
    IMG_2008.JPG
    682.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2005.JPG