i3-4005U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello hackintosh communtiy,

I am about to buy a new Laptop. Was wondering if i should buy a core i5 (Haswell) or i3 (Haswell).

Obviously, I should buy and i5 based system but, I want that laptop only for Hackintosh and as i am student i don't have that much budget.

The laptop which i have decided to buy is powered by an Intel core i3 4005U processor and 8 gigs of RAM

I just want to know that will it be a good buy in terms of Hackintosh?

And please tell if possible can someone give me a slight hint on this subject. (How long will be Haswell i3 supported)

I am sure it might be the stupidest question but please help me decide.

Regards

I have updated all the specifications under my profile as stated by @RehabMan (I read somewhere on this forum)

Frankly, If you have no professional purpose or take hackintosh as hobby. You'd better buy white apple, for example: Macbook Air. There are no much gap with hackintosh on budget, hackintosh never get the same experiences like macbook.

Frankly, If you have no professional purpose or take hackintosh as hobby. You'd better buy white apple, for example: Macbook Air. There are no much gap with hackintosh on budget, hackintosh never get the same experiences like macbook.
Thanks for replying but, That is not the answer to my question :)

Please help me with that if you can

And please tell if possible can someone give me a slight hint on this subject. (How long will be Haswell i3 supported)

We have no way to predict what Apple will do in the future. I do know that every version of OS X since
Snow Leopard has supported the i3 CPU, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Hello hackintosh communtiy,

I am about to buy a new Laptop. Was wondering if i should buy a core i5 (Haswell) or i3 (Haswell).

Obviously, I should buy and i5 based system but, I want that laptop only for Hackintosh and as i am student i don't have that much budget.

The laptop which i have decided to buy is powered by an Intel core i3 4005U processor and 8 gigs of RAM

I just want to know that will it be a good buy in terms of Hackintosh?

I am sure it might be the stupidest question but please help me decide.

Regards

i3 vs. i5... your choice (based on performance needs).

Either will work, subject to hack limitations... see FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Not possible to predict the future (regarding your question 'how long...').

i3 vs. i5... your choice (based on performance needs).

Either will work, subject to hack limitations... see FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Not possible to predict the future (regarding your question 'how long...').
First,
Thanks for reply.
Second,
I guess (with my limited knowledge) that haswell is more compatible than broadwell as on broadwell DVMT might cause a problem in case BIOS is locked.

Correct me if wrong :)

First,
Thanks for reply.
Second,
I guess (with my limited knowledge) that haswell is more compatible than broadwell as on broadwell DVMT might cause a problem in case BIOS is locked.

Correct me if wrong :)

Broadwell presents extra challenges with DVMT-prealloc as it relates to graphics drivers.

Haswell can require DVTM-prealloc changes as well (UHD displays).

I made many hackintosh laptops. from my experiences, Lenovo x220 is the most perfect one! cheep & stable & easy to hackintosh. you just need replace out-of-box Intel 7260 with an AR9285( $3.5 ) card, bt & wifi then be perfect!! and HD3000 also support VGA port( need some crack ). From your requirement, I recommend lenovo x220, I have total solution, I can share with you if you need.

I disagree. I had an ASUS vivobook Q200E. Core i3, 4 gigs of RAM, 500 gig hard drive. Best part, I had El Cap running with full integrated graphics, working touchscreen, multitouch touchpad, working keyboard, working Wifi (after card replacement) and working battery meter. Everything. EVERYTHING worked. And even more than a MacBook Air considering I had a touchscreen and a hard drive over 256 gigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back