Contribute
Register

HELP: High Sierra Wont Boot without UNIBEAST Usb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you do Verbose mode without the UNIBEAST USB? - if i use the unibeast usb it loads perfect?
If you can access the Clover menu, select your drive and press the Space key. There should be an option for Verbose.

If you can access the Clover menu, select your drive and press the Space key. There should be an option for Verbose.
how can you access the clover menu without the usb inserted?

transfer the efi folder to the efi partition on your hard drive

transfer the efi folder to the efi partition on your hard drive

Current BIOS is F13 which appears to be Legacy.

Screenshot 2020-12-19 at 21.47.31.png

Screenshot 2020-12-19 at 21.47.13.png

This install originally worked without any issues as far as i know.. after the power cut it failed to boot... i didnt make the hack i have been given it to see if i can make it boot again.. found it to be a PSU issue and swapped it out.. the bios was corrupted so i had to try and set it back up... the OSX seems to be ok as it boots fine from my own built UNIBEAST usb but takes 9 mins to boot wothout?

The point that I was making is that it was suggested for you to modify the /EFI folder on the EFI Partition but with a Legacy install the boot files are usually on the System Partition instead.

I would seriously consider upgrading the BIOS to UEFI.

You said you can boot without a USB stick, and I said Clover menu not folders.

The point that I was making is that it was suggested for you to modify the /EFI folder on the EFI Partition but with a Legacy install the boot files are usually on the System Partition instead.

I would seriously consider upgrading the BIOS to UEFI.
Cheers, I dont mind doing this install the 'right' way if i was going to re-do it from scratch but I was just trying to get this boot to work the way it did before the power cut?

I personally didnt build this hackintosh so i dont know the board, dont know what settings i needed in Bios or the kexts etc without starting from scratch.

My Last Hackintosh build was years ago with Vanilla + OSX snow Leopard! lol so im a newbie to clover and unibeast etc.

All i wanted to do with this build was to get it back to what it was but its booting way too slow without the USB installed :(

Maybe I need to go through the bios with a fine tooth comb to double check all settings?

One idea i have is to time machine this OSX high sierra install.... wipe the disk and start again from fresh??

I have also instructed the owner to get a cheap 2012 macbook so they can continue with their work while i fix this hack :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back