GTX 770 2GB + GTX 460 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,
I just got a new GTX 770. I installed it and tried booting up my hackintosh. It gets stuck at a grey/white screen without any logos or anything on after it has finished booting up. I tried using -v -x graphicsenabler=no and there were no error messages. It just goes on through, and starts up as if there were a login screen there. But instead it is just this blank screen.

Any help would be much appreciated!

My Setup:
Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Corsair Vengeance 2x4 GB 1600 Mhz RAM
EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
Inno3D GTX 460 1GB
Corsair GS800 PSU
500GB Hard Drive with Mountain Lion 10.8.x on it (Can't remember which version, it MAY not be the newest release)

Thank you!

Make sure that your BIOS is set to Init Display First PCI. GraphicsEnabler=No is case sensitive, use capitals where I have.

genius! Thank you very much, it's working now

Ok, now my issue is that the desktop randomly freezes and I have to forcefully restart it. I had this issue with my GTX 460, I thought it was the Fermi Freeze. But as far as I know this should not be an issue with the GTX 770.

After I had to forcefully reboot my pc, OS X is now only seeing my GTX 460 and thinks that it is the primary display card.

Is there support for dual GPUs with hackintosh? and is there any way to control what OS X thinks is the primary card?

Thank you!

Ok, now my issue is that the desktop randomly freezes and I have to forcefully restart it. I had this issue with my GTX 460, I thought it was the Fermi Freeze. But as far as I know this should not be an issue with the GTX 770.

After I had to forcefully reboot my pc, OS X is now only seeing my GTX 460 and thinks that it is the primary display card.

Is there support for dual GPUs with hackintosh? and is there any way to control what OS X thinks is the primary card?

Thank you!

There is no support for Dual discrete cards although some have had some success where others have failed. If I were you I would try just using the 770 for now and see how this pans out. If you receive no freezes then you have answered your own question.

It is possible to get your integrated Intel Graphics working with your GTX 770 using the new new boot key IGPEnabler=Yes

TheAquired

I would suggest that you remove the Fermi card for now and see if this clears up the random lock outs.

The Fermi chipsets continue to plague OSX.

If your looking to use that card for CUDA support other cards will work better more notable the Quadra series.

Thanks for the replies guys :D I will try the suggestions, unfortunately the only reason I have the GTX 460 in there is because I need it for my second monitor.

Does anyone have any knowledge on how to use two monitors from my GTX 770? The problem is that my monitors are quite old and have VGA connections. I bought a Displayport to VGA adapter, but it did not work well at all.

UPDATE: I got hold of a GTX 650. This should make my system completely compatible right? Thanks for everyone's time. This is such an awesome site.

Ok, now my issue is that the desktop randomly freezes and I have to forcefully restart it.

some success where others have failed.

On a thread I found this. It's just release by Nvidea and should stop the crashes in 10.9.1 / 10.9.2
It's for GK110B, but should work for the GTX 770 too or not?

http://us.download.nvidia.com/dMfCTEwWd5bvEIglG4b8ya6U4erhZeeC/WebDriver-331.01.01b07.pkg

(or google: Nvidia Retail Drivers for 10.9.1 and 10.9.2)

Please let me know if it works, as I'm about to purchase to get the GTX 770 4GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back