Graphics
AMD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I apologize in advance for the Newbie question. I have finally gotten my Hackintosh up and running, but despite seeming to be installed properly, the Geekbench score is quite low (1487) whereas i think it should be closer to 9-10K. Can someone just make sure I'm not doing something incorrect. Here is my system.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Processor: Intel i5 2500K
Graphics: SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 PCIE
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B
Drive: 120GB Sandisk SSD

On the Bios, I didn't go too crazy, but I did disabled the USB 3.0 ports (not needed) and set HPET to 64-bit. I also changed IDE drives to ACHI. No over clocking or anything at this point.

For the install, I have the SSD connected to SATA 0 and I've installed Lion 10.7.4 (from a USB thumb drive). Afterwards, I put the DSDT file for my motherboard (i am using the F10 version) on my desktop and ran Multibeast 4.6.1. I checked the following to Multibeast:

UserDSDT Install
System Utilities
ALC8xxHDA (in Audio)
AppleHDA Rollback (in Audio)
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (in Disk)
3rd Party eSATA (in Disk)
Fake SMC
Motherboard Plugins (in FakeSMC Plugins)
Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet (in Network)
64-bit Apple Boot Screen (in Boot Options)

Everything installed seemingly flawlessly. When I check the "About this Mac" It shows the correct Processor, Memory and Graphics Card. So all in all, it seems pretty correct, However, I noticed mine craft ran sort of slow given the config. As such, I benchmarked it and was surprised to see that it rated way lower than my 18 month old MacAir (which rated 3500 versus 1500).

Any ideas what could be the issue? Does a 1500 benchmark sound about right for my system configuration?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Did you also install HWmonitor? What about the CPU frequency when you put your system under load? After the 10.7.4 update many user's had the problem that the CPU was stuck at 1.6GHz. Maybe you'll have to install the SSDT for your CPU too?

Mieze

Mieze said:
Did you also install HWmonitor? What about the CPU frequency when you put your system under load? After the 10.7.4 update many user's had the problem that the CPU was stuck at 1.6GHz. Maybe you'll have to install the SSDT for your CPU too?

Mieze

Yep! install the SSDT for your CPU

also
what you have in your smbios ?

Yes, install the appropriate SSDT for your processor.

6nYhs.png

Thanks for your help. Adding the i5 SSDT definitely helped, although my Geekbench is still 3500 which is about the same as my 18 month old MacAir. I also installed HWMonitor (thanks for the tip!) and analyzed it while it was running speed tests. Throughout the tests, the multiplier was still far below it's 32X potential (usually at 12X, but occasionally dropping to 8X for extended periods).

my smbios.plist is as follows. Any additional help would be appreciated. Also, what sort of geek bench score should i expect to see for my system?

Thanks!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G88451235J4</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Check your BIOS settings again. There might be some incorrect selection which prevents speedstep from functioning as it should.

Mieze

cayeldo said:
Thanks for your help. Adding the i5 SSDT definitely helped, although my Geekbench is still 3500 which is about the same as my 18 month old MacAir. I also installed HWMonitor (thanks for the tip!) and analyzed it while it was running speed tests. Throughout the tests, the multiplier was still far below it's 32X potential (usually at 12X, but occasionally dropping to 8X for extended periods).

my smbios.plist is as follows. Any additional help would be appreciated. Also, what sort of geek bench score should i expect to see for my system?

Thanks!

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G88451235J4</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>
You should have between 8000 to 10 000 in geek bench

For got to ask for your org.chameleon.Boot.plist o_O

I really appreciate the help. Here is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist

I've tried it with and without the DropSSDT key and it didn't seem to make much difference. I also added the PCIRootUID key which was required to get my computer to boot (it just hangs without it). Otherwise, the rest is sort of vanilla (i didn't change much).

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

you don't want to have DropSSDT in your boot.plist if you have an SSD.aml in your /Extra.

in your BIOS, make sure it's setup this way:

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) -> Advanced Frequency Settings -> Advanced CPU Core Features

Real-Time Ratio Changes in OS: Disabled
Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech.: Enabled

and make sure you have this in your boot.plist:

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I forgot to mention that I already had the "Realtime Ratio Changes in OS" to Disabled and the CPU EIST Function to Enabled.

So I made your recommended changes to the boot.plist and I think we took a step backwards. My new Geekbench score was 1325 after incorporating these changes and the computer seems a lot more sluggish.

Any more suggestions? Should I roll back out those changes?

I was thinking that maybe I should reapply the Multibeast SSDT customization for the i5 processor. Do you think that would do anything?

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>