Contribute
Register

Help Hackintosh Freezes After Brief Use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Formula
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
R9 390x
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello guys so I got my mackintosh working perfectly fine sometimes it can go stable for a while I can edit videos or anything but it is annoying that sometimes it freezes, the computer still on the desktop is still visible but it just stalls. I can still hear the hard drive running though.
Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Formula
CPU: 4770k
Ram: Dominator Platinum 2x8gb
GPU: r9 390x MSI

The gpu is detected with all the memory and also the sound is working perfectly for this board please help because I know its probably a very easy fix.

If you enable remote login from the System Configuration / Sharing screen, you can try to SSH to the machine when it freezes and see if it's really still running. If so, you can run "sudo reboot" to reboot gracefully.

You can run /Applications/Utilities/Console.app and look at the entries on the left side under User Diagnostic Reports or System Diagnostic Reports and see if any of them show a report with for the freeze. Some people have had issues with WindowServer for instance, which might cause an apparent freeze.

Okay I will give that a try today and get back to see what the results are.

Alright when I ssh'd to the mac and ran the sudo reboot it just closed the connection.
When I checked the activity log I did find windowserver and also a log list that says windowserver caused GPU reset.
Again I am running a r9 390x Let me know if this is fixable :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back