Contribute
Register

Help! Graphics issue with Maverics Install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP DV7 4269wm
CPU
Core i5 M480 x 2 cores @ 2.67Ghz
Graphics
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370 & Intel HD Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hello,
I need help with my graphics settings for the latest Mavericks install.

Here are my computer specs:

HP DV7 4269wm
Intel Core i5 M480 2 cores and 4 threads @ 2.66 Ghz (Nahalem - Westmere )
Switchable: ATI Radeon HD 6370 / Intel HD graphics
( I cannot disable switchable graphics to fixed because my BIOS does not have this option. )
screen size: 17.3" ; resolution 1600x900
Windows 7 - 64bit
Working for a full OS Mavericks install

MY ISSUE
First, I've used the install guide for HP laptops using OS Mavericks, Unibeast and a USB stick for install.

I can install Mavericks on the system ( have gotten to select install settings and properly formatted drive - mac extended journaled etc., done! ) but after the install and reboot I get to the ( post install )Welcome Mavericks screen and it is distorted. I can't seem to figure out how to fix this issue. There seems to be some post graphics install issue. NOTE: I've tried different flags and none work. ( I think this issue may be related to the fact that I cannot change switchable graphics to fixed in my BIOS because I don't have the option to do so. ) Is there any way to work around this?

Here is a screen shot of the issue. Notice that this is the welcome screen in Mavericks.

image2.jpg
Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hello,
I need help with my graphics settings for the latest Mavericks install.

Here are my computer specs:

HP DV7 4269wm
Intel Core i5 M480 2 cores and 4 threads @ 2.66 Ghz (Nahalem - Westmere )
Switchable: ATI Radeon HD 6370 / Intel HD graphics
( I cannot disable switchable graphics to fixed because my BIOS does not have this option. )
screen size: 17.3" ; resolution 1600x900
Windows 7 - 64bit
Working for a full OS Mavericks install

MY ISSUE
First, I've used the install guide for HP laptops using OS Mavericks, Unibeast and a USB stick for install.

I can install Mavericks on the system ( have gotten to select install settings and properly formatted drive - mac extended journaled etc., done! ) but after the install and reboot I get to the ( post install )Welcome Mavericks screen and it is distorted. I can't seem to figure out how to fix this issue. There seems to be some post graphics install issue. NOTE: I've tried different flags and none work. ( I think this issue may be related to the fact that I cannot change switchable graphics to fixed in my BIOS because I don't have the option to do so. ) Is there any way to work around this?

Here is a screen shot of the issue. Notice that this is the welcome screen in Mavericks.

View attachment 106161
Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

First gen graphics are not really supported, but you may be able to get it to work: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back