H81M-S2PV
CPU
i5-4670
Graphics
AMD R9 270X | Intel HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

While my computer is booting macOS Mojave, on the Apple logo screen, it appear for 1 or 2 seconds a graphic glitch on the top screen. After this, it boots successful. Any way to fix this graphic glitch? I attached a picture and my EFI.

Sorry for my english.
Thanks.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    11.1 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20190808_113141.jpg
    IMG_20190808_113141.jpg
    841.5 KB · Views: 85
My computer is booting macOS Mojave, on the Apple logo screen, it appear for 1 or 2 seconds a graphic glitch on the top screen. After this, it boots successful. Any way to fix this graphic glitch? I attached a picture and my EFI.

@snakePanda,

It's nothing to worry about, everyone with a AMD dGPU running Mojave 10.14.5+ is seeing the same artefacts when booting MaCOS . It's caused by a bug in Apples AMD driver, when the drivers first loads it test's the dGPU's VRAM but the test over-runs into the FrameBuffer display memory causing the pink/purple lines.

The next release of Lilu + WhatEverGreen (scheduled for next week) will address this issue by disabling the VRAM test.

Cheers
Jay

I like the glitches!, I get the pink stripes on my Dell 7010 with an RX560. And stripy apples on my Dell 9020 with HD4600. I think they’re cool, and have absolutely no effect on the performance of my Hacks, Save the glitch!.

@snakePanda,

It's nothing to worry about, everyone with a AMD dGPU running Mojave 10.14.5+ is seeing the same artefacts when booting MaCOS . It's caused by a bug in Apples AMD driver, when the drivers first loads it test's the dGPU's VRAM but the test over-runs into the FrameBuffer display memory causing the pink/purple lines.

The next release of Lilu + WhatEverGreen (scheduled for next week) will address this issue by disabling the VRAM test.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for the information!!

Guys,

The new point release of Lilu 1.3.8 and all plugins was completed yesterday (Aug 11th 2019)
Installing Lilu 1.3.8 and WhatEverGreen 1.3.1 should remove the Pink/Purple lines during MacOS booting (worked for me)

Recommend that you update all your Lilu Plugin's to the new versions.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Mmmh, not worked for me with an Vega 64 AMD card. Glitch still here with Lilu 1.3.8 and WhatEverGreen 1.3.2

Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back