Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all, been going batty with this fairly stock setup, despite reading every guide and wasting a day on Google. I boot, regardless of flags or settings, and I get the dreaded white circle with a line through it.

hackenfail-640.jpg

Steps:
1. Created High Sierra key with UniBeast 8.3.1. Tried with a dozen keys, USB 2.0 and 3.
2. Set BIOS settings as per below
3. Booted from USB 2.0 (and tried 3.0, but people say it's flaky) port on motherboard
4. Boot with every permutation of -v -s -x USBBusFix=Yes
5. It gets as far as the below lines, then the screen goes garbled and shows the white cross sign. It seems to refresh every few mins with a new line added to the bottom of the screen.

Last output during boot:
<dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string id="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
Ethernet [IntelMausi]: I219V2 (Rev. 49), [MAC ADDRESS]
IOTimeSyncClockManager::interfaceMatched registered service
Still waiting [..] dev (<-- at this point, text is too garbled to read)

BIOS Settings, after setting to Optimised Defaults:
  • BIOS Features tab
    • Windows 8/10 Features: Other OS
    • LAN PXE Boot Option ROM: Disabled
    • Storage Boot Option Control: UEFI Only
    • Other PCI Device ROM Priority: UEFI Only
    • Network Stack: Disabled
  • Peripherals tab
    • Initial Display Output: IGFX
    • Legacy USB Support: Disabled
    • XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
  • Chipset tab
    • VT-d: Disabled
    • Internal Graphics: Enabled
Is it trying to find the USB installer but can't find? Any ideas?

(Curiously, this same machine was a Sierra Hackintosh at some point, and installed without problems. IIRC, no hardware chances since).

Hey all, been going batty with this fairly stock setup, despite reading every guide and wasting a day on Google. I boot, regardless of flags or settings, and I get the dreaded white circle with a line through it.

hackenfail-640.jpg

Steps:
1. Created High Sierra key with UniBeast 8.3.1. Tried with a dozen keys, USB 2.0 and 3.
2. Set BIOS settings as per below
3. Booted from USB 2.0 (and tried 3.0, but people say it's flaky) port on motherboard
4. Boot with every permutation of -v -s -x USBBusFix=Yes
5. It gets as far as the below lines, then the screen goes garbled and shows the white cross sign. It seems to refresh every few mins with a new line added to the bottom of the screen.

Last output during boot:
<dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string id="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
Ethernet [IntelMausi]: I219V2 (Rev. 49), [MAC ADDRESS]
IOTimeSyncClockManager::interfaceMatched registered service
Still waiting [..] dev (<-- at this point, text is too garbled to read)

BIOS Settings, after setting to Optimised Defaults:
  • BIOS Features tab
    • Windows 8/10 Features: Other OS
    • LAN PXE Boot Option ROM: Disabled
    • Storage Boot Option Control: UEFI Only
    • Other PCI Device ROM Priority: UEFI Only
    • Network Stack: Disabled
  • Peripherals tab
    • Initial Display Output: IGFX
    • Legacy USB Support: Disabled
    • XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
  • Chipset tab
    • VT-d: Disabled
    • Internal Graphics: Enabled
Is it trying to find the USB installer but can't find? Any ideas?

(Curiously, this same machine was a Sierra Hackintosh at some point, and installed without problems. IIRC, no hardware chances since).

• From the transcribed verbose boot error, the possible cause of that Prohibit Entry sign Freeze is USB port File Transfer failure. [See edited image1]
  • Your BIOS choices seem fairly OK . In the BIOS_Peripherals: ENABLE Legacy USB Support also.[See image 2]
  • You have not uploaded your CLOVER to find clues for the problem. You seem to be focusing on Boot Flags.
    • Please Note config.plist Boot Args: are directions for the Bootloader to use the various kexts and support files mainly from "CLOVER/kexts/Other". If you have not edited CLOVER/kexts , especially "Other" with the right kexts Boot failure can occur at different stages of booting.
    • Other SECTIONS of config.plist like ACPI/Devices/Gui/Graphics/Kernel and Kext Patches/Rt Variables/SMBIOS/ will all contribute in various ways toward a successful boot if properly edited or cause Boot failure if some selections are omitted or wrong choices are made that are inconsistent with the hardware and the version of OS X/macOS being installed.
  • For USB port related boot failure common config.plist problem is a missing [√]"FixOwnership " [See image 3]

Attachments

• 1.USB Port File Transfer Failure.png
    1.USB Port File Transfer Failure.png
    60 KB · Views: 170
  • 2.Enable Legacy USB Support.png
    2.Enable Legacy USB Support.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 3.config.plist _Devices_USB _Inject FixOwnership.png
    3.config.plist _Devices_USB _Inject FixOwnership.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 168
Thanks for the help cmn699. As per your advice I've:
  • Enabled Legacy USB support in the BIOS
  • Enabled USB "FixOwnership" in config.plist
I get one line further during boot before the screen is garbled again:

apfs_modile_start:1277: load: com.apple.filesystems.apfs, \
v748.51.0, 748.57.19, 2018/03/15

This is a bit more encouraging, maybe it's able to load the file system on the key now.

Another thread here with the same board suggests changing ProductName from iMac14,2 to iMac17,1 in config.plist too if I'm using the Intel integrated graphics. No change.

The config.plist from the installer key is attached if anyone can see anything obvious wrong.

Cheers

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 179
Thanks for the help cmn699. As per your advice I've:
  • Enabled Legacy USB support in the BIOS
  • Enabled USB "FixOwnership" in config.plist
I get one line further during boot before the screen is garbled again:

apfs_modile_start:1277: load: com.apple.filesystems.apfs, \
v748.51.0, 748.57.19, 2018/03/15

This is a bit more encouraging, maybe it's able to load the file system on the key now.

Another thread here with the same board suggests changing ProductName from iMac14,2 to iMac17,1 in config.plist too if I'm using the Intel integrated graphics. No change.

The config.plist from the installer key is attached if anyone can see anything obvious wrong.

Cheers
  • You need to upload the whole CLOVER as zipped file.
  • Your config.plist _Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig=0x3 .
    • You need to Disable SIP using 0x67
  • Unless you upload the screen image, it is hard to diagnose problems and suggest the best next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back