1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
[HELP] GA-Z77M-D3H - i5 3570K - Corsair 4Gb Vengance 1600

Hi all,

Can anyone help please? Decided to upgrade my previous rock solid Hack to the spec in the title, using the Unibeast ML 1.7 as the method. I installed UB on a USB and tested it on the old rig first, then proceeded to try on the new mobo/chipset (effectively I've gone from Socket 1156 on a H55M/i3 to socket 1155 with the Z77/i3 and switched the 2x2Gb Corsair XMS3 for 2x4GB Vengeance)

To be clear, I was about to try a clean build, but despite this I have only gotten as far as the attached screenshot. I have only inserted one of the 4Gb DDRs and I haven't installed my GTX 260 or any other cards in order to minimise issues during the initial installation. Could someone take a look at the attached screenshot and let me know if i've missed something obvious?

Whilst my post count is low, I'm not a newb - this would have been my 5th Hack over the last 4/5 years!! I'm completely stumped this time......

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Z77MD3H KP shot.jpg
    Z77MD3H KP shot.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 191
Hi all,

Can anyone help please? Decided to upgrade my previous rock solid Hack to the spec in the title, using the Unibeast ML 1.7 as the method. I installed UB on a USB and tested it on the old rig first, then proceeded to try on the new mobo/chipset (effectively I've gone from Socket 1156 on a H55M/i3 to socket 1155 with the Z77/i3 and switched the 2x2Gb Corsair XMS3 for 2x4GB Vengeance)

To be clear, I was about to try a clean build, but despite this I have only gotten as far as the attached screenshot. I have only inserted one of the 4Gb DDRs and I haven't installed my GTX 260 or any other cards in order to minimise issues during the initial installation. Could someone take a look at the attached screenshot and let me know if i've missed something obvious?

Whilst my post count is low, I'm not a newb - this would have been my 5th Hack over the last 4/5 years!! I'm completely stumped this time......

Thanks in advance

It kind of looks like an SSDT/CPUPowerMgmt kind of problem. Did you try adding DropSSDT in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist? Do you have an SSDT installed? Is it correct for your CPU? Also, you might try using MacMini5,1 profile.

It kind of looks like an SSDT/CPUPowerMgmt kind of problem. Did you try adding DropSSDT in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist? Do you have an SSDT installed? Is it correct for your CPU? Also, you might try using MacMini5,1 profile.
Where would I insert that? In org.chameleon.Boot.plist on the USB installer created with Unibeast??

If so, can I just edit it on my MBA and then retry??

EDIT: I am guessing some clues may be in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tive-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html

Also, would the fact i have a 2120 CPU be an issue? i.e. If my CPU is SandyBridge, but mobo is IvyBridge is this going to make things more painful??....

Where would I insert that? In org.chameleon.Boot.plist on the USB installer created with Unibeast??

If so, can I just edit it on my MBA and then retry??

EDIT: I am guessing some clues may be in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tive-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html

Also, would the fact i have a 2120 CPU be an issue? i.e. If my CPU is SandyBridge, but mobo is IvyBridge is this going to make things more painful??....

I thought this was an install already made (that is, you're well beyond using the Unibeast USB) ??

Because of concerns around running a sandy bridge CPU on IB mobo, I've swapped for an i5 3570K as per the amended title. I also bought a GTx650 card, so I would have hoped to have a strait forward build (I've seen a few with the identical mobo/CPU combo). I also unplugged every other device (hard drives, cd rom, bluray) - leaving only the apple SSD that I used on a previous (successful) build when I ran a H55 mobo

Sadly, I am still struggling to even get ML installed - despite Ying all of the suggestions on boot flags and also the recommended Bios settings. Still getting a KP as per the first post, so I am a total loss where to go from here.

Can anyone shed some light on why it would crack before fully installing using unibeast??

Attachments

• ML KP.jpg
    ML KP.jpg
    957.8 KB · Views: 178
[HELP] GA-Z77M-D3H - i5 3570K - Corsair 4Gb Vengance 1600

I've now transplanted the mobo, etc. into an Antec Case (as originally intended). I've reset the BIOS to optimised defaults, and just connected the SSD Drive and CD-ROM, but am still getting the attached error message.

Can someone please help me with this - is this something CPU or BIOS related??

Attachments

• KP Screenshot.jpg
    KP Screenshot.jpg
    945.4 KB · Views: 200
I've now transplanted the mobo, etc. into an Antec Case (as originally intended). I've reset the BIOS to optimised defaults, and just connected the SSD Drive and CD-ROM, but am still getting the attached error message.

Can someone please help me with this - is this something CPU or BIOS related??

paul_o

check bios setting need ahci hpet and s3 in power managment

If you have the i5 3570 cpu you need to trun off the virt in the bios

and I suggest you pull the nvidia card and install ML w only the HD4000

Set the video to igp and the video memory to 64 megs you will use the DVi port for video

then the command line boot should start w -v PCIRootUID=0 acpi=off
this should get you to the desktop so that you can prep the HD.

If you are using a SSD make sure that the SSD has the latest Firmware installed - do this on a Windows 7 system w one of the Intel Sata connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back