I7
Graphics
Gt 710
Hello
I am seeking help for my new system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5
Intel I7; 16 GB Ram
Nvidia 950 2GB

Moved my old El Capitan 10.11.3 on Sandybridge with a Radeon Hd 6xxxx to my new system (MSI Z97 Gaming 5;Intel I7; 16 GB
;Nvidia 950 2GB )

First removed my Nvidia and bootet with my integrated GPU--- everything went fine!!
reinstalled Nvidia and installed Nvidia web driver. made sure nvda_drv=1 in conig.plist.

After restart everything ok !!
But a can´t restart a second time- on the next reboot, booting just stops after loading the bluetooth driver.
But if i manage to boot with my USB stick into somewhat basic graphic , then i am able to reinstall the nvidia web drivers.
On the next reboot everything is ok, but just for one TIME!!!

Please help-- i am running out of ideas
thanks
Paul

Try rebuilding kernel cache.

Sorry, no chance!
Did not change anything!

Sounds like you don't have nvda_drv=1 in your config, I know you say it is there. Please post the config.plist from your hdd.

Thank you for helping me!
there is my config:

Attachments

• config.plist
    2.5 KB · Views: 162
Thank you for helping me!
there is my config:

Your config looks ok.

Rather than booting with the USB to get back to a desktop, remove the nvda_drv=1 from the Clover boot menu and then use nv_disable=1 in its place. Once at the desktop reinstall the web drivers and reboot.

just the same.....
reinstalled the web driver...set the nvidia flag...again...one time everything ok...
i just don´t understand this...like a installing in a temporary folder...

Hope this would last!!
installed this driver:
Nvidia Web Driver - 346.03.05b02 (older one) instead of the newer one.
no more problems so far....
paul

oh No...

again, just the same !
please help

Hello again,

Managed to boot with my nvidia gtx 950 card activated for 5 times.
Read somewhere here in the forum to set: dart=0 nvda_drv01 (i already knew that).
But: and BooterConfig to 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig to 0x3

My question as i have no idea about BooterConfig 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig 0x3, i read something about security.

Is it unwise to have set this (BooterConfig to 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig to 0x3) in config.plist ???

Thank you
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back