Graphics
sapphire radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I will sell my system to a friend (now i have ML running on i7 950, gax58usb3, 4gb ram and radeon 6870), and Im planning to buy some new hardware. I dont want to spend much money, but I'd like to buy a decent hardware. I will use pc for internet/music/photos and watching hd films. I was planning to use cpu for cpu and gpu. I dont want to buy a vga..my 6870 gave me many trouble to get ML working, and i dont need that power.. as i said the max power I'll need will be in the hd films.. so guys, what cpu and mobo do you think will be good for my use? Thank you all

Ok, Im not interested in overclocking, but a i3 maybe isnt enough for me so Ill buy a i5 3570k.. the thing im more afraid of is the mobo's choice..in tony guide there are these mobos:
GA-Z77-DS3H
GA-H77-DS3H
GA-B75M-D3P
GA-Q77M-D2H
GA-Z77X-UD5H (too expensive)
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH (too expensive)
GA-X79-UD5 (too expensive for me)
And what about the first 4 cards? I wanna buy the most compatible with ML..so guys let me know what you think :) thank you
And another thing, what you mean with no dsdt needed? sorry i had an "old" gax58usb3, and before i had another mobo where i installed leopard on a core 2 duo..both mobo needed dsdt to work good. Thank you :)

Ok, Im not interested in overclocking, but a i3 maybe isnt enough for me so Ill buy a i5 3570k.. the thing im more afraid of is the mobo's choice..in tony guide there are these mobos:
GA-Z77-DS3H
GA-H77-DS3H
GA-B75M-D3P
GA-Q77M-D2H

If not interested in OC, go with the board that has the option you need for other hardware - case size - ATX or mATX? How many SATA III 6Gb/s ports do you need?
In mATX, the Q77M is $45 more than the B75M at Newegg, but has a lot more to offer.
If going for ATX, the H77 is basically the Z77 without the ability to OC.

Ok i wanna buy a atx so B75 and q77 are not for me!so only 2 mobos remains: GA-Z77-DS3H (90eur on amazon.it) and GA-H77-DS3H (84eur on amazon.it). So for only 6eur difference maybe its better if i take the Z77 right? to have the possibility to oc in future..ram 1600mhz are supported, but it supports only dual channel..so I will have to buy 2x4gb RAM to have a fastest ram right?
And what about ga-z77-ds3h bios settings, dsdt etc? thank you bro :)

Ok i wanna buy a atx so B75 and q77 are not for me!so only 2 mobos remains: GA-Z77-DS3H (90eur on amazon.it) and GA-H77-DS3H (84eur on amazon.it). So for only 6eur difference maybe its better if i take the Z77 right? to have the possibility to oc in future..ram 1600mhz are supported, but it supports only dual channel..so I will have to buy 2x4gb RAM to have a fastest ram right?
And what about ga-z77-ds3h bios settings, dsdt etc? thank you bro :)

And another thing about cpu, do you guys think that an i3 3225 will be enough to watch hd films (without a dedicated gpu), or its better going with a i5 3570k?

And another thing about cpu, do you guys think that an i3 3225 will be enough to watch hd films (without a dedicated gpu), or its better going with a i5 3570k?

If just watching a DVD or movie from a ripped DVD or download from NetFlix or other media sight, the i3 with HD4000 graphics is adequate.

If just watching a DVD or movie from a ripped DVD or download from NetFlix or other media sight, the i3 with HD4000 graphics is adequate.

The movies are fullhd mkv..like 15-18gb for a 2 hours film.. I saw the hd intel 4000 has the same power on i3 3225 and i5 3570k, but I dont know about the cpu speed..

The movies are fullhd mkv..like 15-18gb for a 2 hours film.. I saw the hd intel 4000 has the same power on i3 3225 and i5 3570k, but I dont know about the cpu speed..

I would say that if an i3 SB CPU with HD3000 on an H61 board will run a bluray movie, then the IB i3 with HD4000 should be able to do the same job just as well if not better.

Ok perfect thank you bro :) so I'll buy the i3, and for the mobo do you think this is good? GA-H77-DS3H. The only difference from H to Z should be the possibility to overclock, and Im not interested.. so will it be a good mobo for ML? and why in dsdt database there isn't the dsdt for that mobo? thank you bro!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back