Contribute
Register

Help for getting native camera working without 'cameracontrol.app' using started deamon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no setting to do, you open for exeple photobooth, you will have the spenning circle then you had just to open CC and exit it to get Facetime of photobooth working, you have to reproduce each time this in order to wake the camera..

This has to be done each time you run Facetime or PhotoBooth or just on cold boot? What about after wake from sleep?

This has to be done each time you run Facetime or PhotoBooth or just on cold boot? What about after wake from sleep?

same thing, whenever on cold boot or wake from sleep.. each time you close Facetime / photobooth, you have to run CC to wake up it.

Its is related to a hardware things by the way some users dont have the serial number ?

each time you close Facetime / photobooth, you have to run CC to wake up it.

So you mean this:
- cold boot
- run CC/close CC
- run Facetime (works)
- close Facetime
- run Facetime (doesn't work)
- close Facetime
- run CC/close CC
- run Facetime (works)

???

So you mean this:
- cold boot
- run CC/close CC
- run Facetime (works)
- close Facetime
- run Facetime (doesn't work)
- close Facetime
- run CC/close CC
- run Facetime (works)

???

-Cold boot.
-Run facetime or photobooth --> nothing ( black screen )
-run CC --> magically facetime / photobooth working
-Close CC --> always photobooth / facetime working ( but if you reduce it, click on desktop, facetime / photobooth will freez, you just have to reproduce what i wrote above to get it working.

but if you reduce it, click on desktop, facetime / photobooth will freez, you just have to reproduce what i wrote above to get it working.

That makes it not really fixable with a startup daemon.

Is it better if you leave CC open?

That makes it not really fixable with a startup daemon.

Is it better if you leave CC open?

Nope, even if you let CC open, you will have to do the operation always, CC act only the first time you open it over Facetime or photobooth.

Nope, even if you let CC open, you will have to do the operation always, CC act only the first time you open it over Facetime or photobooth.

It does not lend itself towards a solution involving a startup daemon.

Probably best to find a better solution.

Everytime prior to running the app regardless if it is boot up or waking up from sleeeeeeeep

Everytime prior to running the app regardless if it is boot up or waking up from sleeeeeeeep

TimeToWin seems to say it must be run prior to running the app each time regardless of coldboot/wake status. See prior posts and verify.

-Cold boot.
-Run facetime or photobooth --> nothing ( black screen )
-run CC --> magically facetime / photobooth working
-Close CC --> always photobooth / facetime working ( but if you reduce it, click on desktop, facetime / photobooth will freez, you just have to reproduce what i wrote above to get it working.

HI, I DISAGREE with some points

Run CC then FaceTime which will produce a frozen image of the object/person in front of the webcam, although PHOTOBOOTH NEVER proceeds beyond the spinning wheel.
TimeToWIN, I have managed to get the FaceTime function of the OS to work via the previous method mentioned in this thread.

quickly, I installed CC for the 1st time, ran it, opened FaceTime, logged in using my ID. then from contact clicked say I have Mr. X, instead of clicking on the FaceTime button, i clicked on the word mobile/email and chose FaceTime.

I just tested now I can receive calls BUT I CAN NOT GET TO USE FACETIME BY FIRING IT UP (CLICKING) and CHOSING THE PERSON I WANT TO SPEAK TO AND THEN PRESS CALL!!!!!!

Annoying but still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back