Contribute
Register

Help for getting native camera working without 'cameracontrol.app' using started deamon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 8300 SFF
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
As you can see, most of probook users and others i guess, have an annoying issue with getting camera working natively especially on facetime and photobooth, and lot of this users post and ask for a solution.

Atm; most of users use cameracontrol.app to 'wake up' the camera.

So, i have found the source code of the cameracontrol app :

http://phoboslab.org/log/2009/07/uvc-camera-control-for-mac-os-x

And i was wondering if its possible to get a working camera using the same thechnique as the app use.

RehabMan answered that it is possible to get it work by creating a startup daemon that initializes the camera using the code in camera-control (using UVCCameraControl class) as you can read here :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...ot-working-facetime-help-me-2.html#post765535

And here :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-not-working-facetime-help-me.html#post766299

So, if someone knows coding or know simply that it can do it and are interested to provide a solution. it will be a great help for all users who have this issue, and will push more the limite of our machines to be more "perfect" with osx.

Thanks in advence.

As you can see, most of probook users and others i guess, have an annoying issue with getting camera working natively especially on facetime and photobooth, and lot of this users post and ask for a solution.

Atm; most of users use cameracontrol.app to 'wake up' the camera.

So, i have found the source code of the cameracontrol app :

http://phoboslab.org/log/2009/07/uvc-camera-control-for-mac-os-x

And i was wondering if its possible to get a working camera using the same thechnique as the app use.

RehabMan answered that it is possible to get it work by creating a startup daemon that initializes the camera using the code in camera-control (using UVCCameraControl class) as you can read here :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...ot-working-facetime-help-me-2.html#post765535

And here :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-not-working-facetime-help-me.html#post766299

So, if someone knows coding or know simply that it can do it and are interested to provide a solution. it will be a great help for all users who have this issue, and will push more the limite of our machines to be more "perfect" with osx.

Thanks in advence.

HI TimeToWin,

Good point, there is one thing though, I have noticed that a lot Probook Hackintoshes which has a "SERIAL NUMBER" for their webcam in this section, WILL NOT HAVE PROBLEM USING THEIR WEBCAM FOR FACETIME OR PHOTOBOOTH. Here is a screen shot of my webcam info:

Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 13.43.03.png

Since there is no "Serial number" displayed for my webcam, it will not fire up when I click on the FaceTime app or Photo Booth.

Having said that, Previously when I reinstalled OSX 10.9 using unibeast USB, I NEVER USED CAMERACONTROL APP and I NEVER INSTALLED IT NEITHER. I figured a way for using FaceTime, by going to contact app and using the FaceTime button from there. receiving FaceTime calls has was never a problem. PHOTOBOOTH NEVER WORKED and I was not bothered about it.

DUE to having reformatted my unibeast STUPIDLY and the fact that Apple is no longer dishing out OSX 10.9 to users, I was forced to download OSX 10.9.1 hence my FACETIME IS ON THE BLINK (NOT WORKING).

Now I am considering installing CameraControl APP to give it shot!

HI TimeToWin,

Good point, there is one thing though, I have noticed that a lot Probook Hackintoshes which has a "SERIAL NUMBER" for their webcam in this section, WILL NOT HAVE PROBLEM USING THEIR WEBCAM FOR FACETIME OR PHOTOBOOTH. Here is a screen shot of my webcam info:

View attachment 84155

Since there is no "Serial number" displayed for my webcam, it will not fire up when I click on the FaceTime app or Photo Booth.

Having said that, Previously when I reinstalled OSX 10.9 using unibeast USB, I NEVER USED CAMERACONTROL APP and I NEVER INSTALLED IT NEITHER. I figured a way for using FaceTime, by going to contact app and using the FaceTime button from there. receiving FaceTime calls has was never a problem. PHOTOBOOTH NEVER WORKED and I was not bothered about it.

DUE to having reformatted my unibeast STUPIDLY and the fact that Apple is no longer dishing out OSX 10.9 to users, I was forced to download OSX 10.9.1 hence my FACETIME IS ON THE BLINK (NOT WORKING).

Now I am considering installing CameraControl APP to give it shot!

I have the same as you, no serial of the webcam..

therefore your tip working only with the 10.9.1, and i think most peoples surely wanna update to latest osx when its out.. so i think better ask a dev who can get it working properly. now, we just have to wait and hope someone answer the call.. :beachball:

I have the same as you, no serial of the webcam..

therefore your tip working only with the 10.9.1

HANG ON, YOU MEAN MY TIP "NOT WORKING WITH OSX 10.9.1":)

Yup hopefully someone will fix this.......

Since I don't have a camera that shows this issue, I will probably not work on this (other tasks are in front of this).

But when you use Camera Control app, what setting do you change? Or do you just run it and quit?

Since I don't have a camera that shows this issue, I will probably not work on this (other tasks are in front of this).

But when you use Camera Control app, what setting do you change? Or do you just run it and quit?

I thought you had a 4530s and also bought a 4540s not so long ago! don't they have a webcam? can you provide a screen shot of your webcam's setting? I just wanna see if it shows the serial number!

I thought you had a 4530s and also bought a 4540s not so long ago! don't they have a webcam? can you provide a screen shot of your webcam's setting? I just wanna see if it shows the serial number!

The webcam in both of mine work fine. It depends on the specific webcam you end up with. Luck of the draw sort of thing...

I'm pretty sure both show a serial#. Working on another hack (Lenovo U430) right now, so don't have either of the ProBooks handy...

The webcam in both of mine work fine. It depends on the specific webcam you end up with. Luck of the draw sort of thing...

I'm pretty sure both show a serial#. Working on another hack (Lenovo U430) right now, so don't have either of the ProBooks handy...

I see, OK maybe later on!

There is no setting to do, you open for exeple photobooth, you will have the spenning circle then you had just to open CC and exit it to get Facetime of photobooth working, you have to reproduce each time this in order to wake the camera..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back