Contribute
Register

Help finalising Yosemite install please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Got the sata to usb adaptor, I had already installed multibeast on my installation, so I downloaded a fresh yosemite 10.10.5 from the app store and reinstalled on my 1GB drive.
I targeted my connected 1GB drive connected via USB and installed multibeast.

Reconnected back to sata and booted up.
It starts to boot, but I get a panic, Think it may be a deadbeef one. I have tried lowering my ram speed from 1600 to 1333, as mentioned in the forums as a possible cause, but made no difference.

I have also tried booting -x -v, but again no difference.

I seem to be taking a backward step now, as I did get yosemite up and running on an old drive with my gfx card, ethernet and audio all working! However it is unusable as I get system hang within 2 mins of booting and have to reboot anything up to 5 times before it is stable.

When it is stable it is fine, but I cannot put up with multiple reboots to get there.

What I cannot understand is why does it eventually work fine? surely if there is an issue, it would never work.

I have had to go back to a mavericks installation, booting via the usb unibeast to get on to type this.

I cant for the life of me think what I am doing wrong. I feel like throwing the towel in and giving up.:crazy:

Please can anyone offer any help at all?

Many thanks.

See post#10

Not necessarily. If your using Clover Audio injection or a DSDT Audio Injection you won't loose audio. but if your using Chimera or Chameleon then you will.

Thanks again Jithin for your support!

Booting with -f did not help, still got the deadbeef error.

However if i boot with _no-zp, I can get it to boot ok.
Just out of interest, what is the correct syntax for this command as I have seen reference to it being both -no-zp and _no-zp ( I am using underscore and it is working fine for me)?

I have added this bootflag to my org.chameleon.Boot.plist within the kernel flag string and assume this is correct as it is working.

Would the _no-zp flag also be used for a system that booted ok, but would hang shortly after? If so, that explains why I did not get the deadbeef error on my old test drive, but had the repeated system hangs.

I also looked at bypassing the chimera boot screen, but there is no Instant menu command in my boot.plist at all. Do i just need to add the command Instant menu=No and change the timeout back to 0?

Here is my Boot.plist as it is currently:

The only other thing I have noticed, is my ram speed is shown as 0MHz , but assume adding the following to my smbois list would rectify this:
<key>SMmemspeed</key>
<string>1600</string>

I will carry on with my installation and hopefully will now be stable.
Many thanks for all your help Jithin :D

Attachments

• boot.plist.png
    boot.plist.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 128
Sorry, almost forgot. In my boot.plist IGP enabler is set to yes, but I am not using intel gfx, just my nvidia card. Not sure if i should change this to No, but reluctant to do this as it currently seems to be working anyway.

Also HDA enabler is set to yes, but I have added the Realtek ALC692 kext for my audio, so shoud I change HDA to No and would leaving it as it is cause any issues further down the line.

Thanks for your reply JBamford.

I have been advised that Clover is more complicated to set up, although it does support UEFI.

As I seem to have it running ok now, I think I will stick with Chimera and just reload the Realtek ALC kext each time I perform an update! :thumbup:

Just thought I would share this, in case anone else is having the same issues:
The bootflag _no-zp is not only for deadbeef error, but if your system does actually boot, and randomly hangs after booting successfully, then it is also a cure for that too.
I tried booting _no-zp on my installation that ALWAYS locked up within a few minutes of booting and now it is stable!

Check on your org.chameleon.boot.plist file for option Instant Menu, if it is set to Yes then change to No and make the timeout 0.

oooooohhhhhh So that's what that is for.....Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back