I7-8565U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello All,

I need some help with the hackintosh I have created. As far as my search has gone, I am the first person to hackintosh this laptop since it is a linux based laptop. Anyhow, I have everything working except for the battery and power detection. From my DSDT, it does not look like the battery needs to be patched as well but the issue is that the battery notification is there but it does not show that it is charging:

AC Charger Information:
Connected: No
Charging: No

At times it says Yes for charging so this is the only issue I have left. My whole build/EFI is posted on my github including my DSDT. Can someone have a look and let me know what I am missing?

Thanks

Any help would be great. I don't need the EC SSDT because on the battery it is EC and not anything else. I did add a few SSDTs using SSDTTime and now the battery shows as discharging real-time but the battery life does not seem to be accurate. Apart from that, there is an issue with throttling as well so I guess it comes down to power management too.

Some detail about my system:
Bios: Insyde H20 Bios
Chipset: i7-8565U
Graphics: Intel UHD 620
Memory: 32GB Ram
Storage: 1tb NVME SSD, 1tb SATA SSD (Big Sur is on this one)
Setup: Quad-boot => Ubuntu, Win10, WinSer2019, Big Sur

I am attaching my EFI here as well although it is updated regularly on github.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.7 MB · Views: 52

@RehabMan Any help would be appreciated with this issue I am having. I tried a modified version of FakeSMC along with VoodooSMCBattery and I managed to get the charging working but upon reboot I was getting an error of shutdown and the power management was very off so I reverted to VirtualSMC and SMCBatteryManager

Adding my DSDT here

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    176.8 KB · Views: 38
Need some help with this if anyone can please

Working fine now with the battery and charging and the overall power management. Had to migrate to FakeSMC and ACPIBatteryManager for that which broke the sleep/wake functions so that's something I need to work on as well now.

Working fine now with the battery and charging and the overall power management. Had to migrate to FakeSMC and ACPIBatteryManager for that which broke the sleep/wake functions so that's something I need to work on as well now.
this can help in sorting sleep issues:

this can help in sorting sleep issues:
Thanks for the assist. I already have the USBMap set and the quirk disabled but as soon as I close the lid and open it back up the screen stays blank. The only difference is that I was using virtualsmc before and now fakesmc. I tried my older EFI with virtualsmc and closing the lid and opening it works perfectly. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks for the assist. I already have the USBMap set and the quirk disabled but as soon as I close the lid and open it back up the screen stays blank. The only difference is that I was using virtualsmc before and now fakesmc. I tried my older EFI with virtualsmc and closing the lid and opening it works perfectly. Any suggestions would be welcome.
can you use VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back