Contribute
Register

[Help] El Capitan stucked after post-install (i7-4790k, GA-Z97X-SLI, GTX780Ti)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-SLI 10.11.3
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 780 TI OC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hello the tonymac community,
I really hope to find some help here as I am now in what I feared to be in: being stuck in the new hackintosh install..!

Here are my build outlines:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k
Mb: GA-Z97X-SLI
GPU: GTX 780Ti

Actually I have been running years now with a Mavericks system as I was very hesitading of touching it. But it became more and more instable and so I decided (finally) for El Capitan.
I followed the precise step of Critycal in his post and all went well until the reboot after the Clover Configuration process.
Then I am only able to booting safe mode.
I have attached tow shots of my screen when booting respectively in single user and verbose mode. (sorry for the low quality on this one)

I know my configuration isn't exactly the same as Crytical's (it was the closest I could find..) but as we had same CPU I would think there would be no problem wit has the setup of the SSDT in Clover Configurator.. :-X
Another stangery: one of my hard drive partition (not the system one) is missing, either on the -v screen and I am in safe mode.
Should I change the config.plist from single user mode..? Is my Gigabyte Mb causing the problem..?

I would really appreciate some clarification as I'm completely confused on how to proceed right now..
Regards

Attachments

• 20160524_211950.jpg
    20160524_211950.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 172
  • 20160524_201525.jpg
    20160524_201525.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 163
Hi TazEffect,

AppleTyMCEDriver.kext causes kernel panics on some systems, you should be able to boot into your system normally after removing it:

-Boot into Safe Mode, then go to the following folder: /System/Library/Extensions
-Find the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, back it up up/copy it to a different location, then delete it from the system
-Restart and try to boot into your system drive normally

Post back with results.

Hi Chalky,

and thanks a lot for your response! Actually I did a new installation following the tonymacx86 El Capitan guide (yeah I should have tried this at first) and all seemed to work well.

Until later my computer shutted down (maybe after a sleep for the first time) then every time I tried to boot it shuts down COMPLETELY at the moment of booting the ios. Safe mode, same thing.

I may have to make new post because it is a totally different problem now, but as you seem to know something about kexts.. here is a screenshot of me in single-user mode, trying to figure it out.

There from root I try with the command du -sh ~ to look at the files in my home directory and those lines bellow Network look strange..
Then I try to do some recovery with fsck -fy command, I've got this:
Invalid key length
(4, 7777)
<-- same numbers as on those lines bellow Network above
The volume El Cagitant could not be verified completely

Is it possible that it would be a kexts conflict ?? Because I admit havingredients installed 2 times separately Ethernet kexts with MultiBeast.

Attachments

• 20160525_212106.jpg
    20160525_212106.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 112
Can you boot in verbose mode and get a screen grab of the last stuff that comes up before it shuts down while booting the os?

Hi Chalky, I should have wait for you question but short after my post I tried a new installation (again).
(I've heard about backups, but weather with time machine asking me for 1TB (only for my system??) or CCC with which I couldn't figure how to reinstall from its backup...)

However, now my computer acts completely strange in the installation process. I had to try to install multiple times because it would crash at 3 min of the end OR when it did pass the installation on my SSD drive it won't then show me the screen of final installation: the process bar starts, screen turn white ok, then stucks at some point, spining wheel and boom gets backs to Clover boot screen...
I am even wondering if it's a hardware problem.
I've also attached a shot of my verbose screen mode. Doesn't looks good but can't tell what the problem is.. I would realy appreciate your help if it can be. This is the computer i'm working whith and I can't take much time on this... thinking about meeting back long time the not seen windows.

Attachments

• 20160526_110756.jpg
    20160526_110756.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 133
Hi TazEffect,

Sorry you're having such a hard time, I know it's very time consuming. That screen jumble looks like it's GPU related.

If you already have completed installation but can't boot into OS X, read through the list below and modify what may apply to Clover files, your config.plist, and BIOS settings, then try to boot in verbose mode and see what changes. If the same errors pop up and you cannot proceed, try a clean install once more (if you have the time and inclination), but keep all the changes you make to Bios and Clover.

1. What system definition are you using? If it's not MacPro3,1, modify your config.plist to use MacPro3,1.

2. Install using one of your motherboard's graphics port and make sure BIOS is set to use the inegrated graphics.

3. Make sure you disable any Serial and Parallel ports in your BIOS -> Internal I/O settings. Leaving those enabled will throw up odd errors and prevent installation. You might also want to go over all the BIOS settings again just to make sure all that should be disabled is disabled.

4. The SSDT file you are using, is it your own patched SSDT or someone else's? Try install without it. While you're in the Clover folder, double-check that you have the FakeSMC.kext as well as any other necessary kexts in your 10.11 folders.

5. What SSD are you using and how old is it? I'm asking because SSD failure was responsible for a host of headaches on one of our Macs and it wasn't obvious it was the culprit right away. If you happen to have a spare drive, try installing on a different HD to at least rule out a drive problem.

One last thing, run the installer in verbose mode and see what, hopefully nothing, causes a problem.

Good luck!

Hi Chalky, first thank you for taking the time to list all this points and trying to explain me.

I did in fact another installation today, on another of my SSD - both have something like one year and a half.
Well the installation runned to its end and I even managed to install multiBeast (with system MacPro3,1 checked) and nvidia Web drivers. Reboot after this and everything looked nice and fonctionnable. Installing my softwares, some of them had small bugs (adobe cc, dropbox) but I can even work on it for an hour or so.. At some point I decided to reboot and there same problem like before: power off at the El Capitan launch.

I'm not sure I want to reinstall again. I mean it worked for one hour. Hopefully this time I managed to do a time machine. When this last shut down appeared I just runned out of my working place to power up my old dusty late 2006 mac at home (no kidding).

So unfortunately I can't take a shot of a verbose screen right now. But, even if I swore to myself I would never again lose a minute with the hybrid machine, I got to have a look to those serial/parallel ports, not sure of that.
And for the SSDT thing, I made post-install with multiBeast.. can't relate if I checked this FakeSMC.kext among his other friends... now my own brain gets buged.

I realy appreciate your held once again, gotta maintain the hope All the best!

OK. If it was working fine initially but is now powering off at launch, it's highly likely the problem is the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext. You should be able to boot into safe mode and remove it: /System/Library/Extensions/ you'll find it here. Reboot. OS should launch normally. Good luck.

Forgot to add: copy/back up the kext first before removing.

Hi Chalky,

unfortunately it didn't want to boot in safe mode neither. I did a screenshot of this (1st attached file), then I've booted in single-user mode and tried a fsck_hfs on my El Capitan disk (disk1s2) but neither this would rebuild something... (see the "could not be verified completely" in the second picture)

Actually I am trying to recover from a time machine (1st time doing this) I did before every other softwares were installed.

Now the question is: what is creating those invalid node structures..? I did have the same problem with my firsts installation attempts. Could it be caused by an installed software ?

[Edit] Last news, I could boot in safe mode after the time machine recovery, but no AppleTyMCEDriver.kext in Library/Extention. (I added list of all the kexts in my S/L/E at the end)
From there I'm not even sure if I what to boot in a normal way :D ... This problem will come again as long as I don't figure what's causing it.. :-/

Attachments

• 20160527_192046.jpg
    20160527_192046.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 152
  • 20160527_191657.jpg
    20160527_191657.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 185
  • 20160527_204712.jpg
    20160527_204712.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:
1. That is the /Library/Extensions folder in your pic - you need the /S/L/E one. Just do a Shift+CMD+G and got to: /System/Library/Extensions There will be about 200+ system kexts in there including the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext - back it up and remove it.

2. You have been able to successfully install, run, and use OS X on first boot at least a couple of times now, so something is messing it up post install. Can you remove any kexts that you installed after that first successful boot into the system? (excluding sound and ethernet if added post-install - keep those)

3. Rebuild your cache in Terminal: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

3. Reboot in verbose - don't run any disk checks, rebuilds, or fixes. Just catch whatever errors spill on the screen. When you have time, post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back