Graphics
ATI Radeon HD4890
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, so I have my graphics pretty much fully working but I have ran across another problem, dual displays won't work. Here is my situation I have a my main monitor plugged into DVI and i have a second monitor plugged in VGA, the VGA however, doesn't work, it doesn't even pick up the signal. Now, I have heard that VGA doesn't work in Snow leopard or Lion, idk if that is true? Any suggestions?

I have the same problem exactly, no working VGA. Been looking for answers but no solution..

In my case I had the same problem with a Geforce GTS250. My solution was to run two monitors buy a HDMI / DVI cable leaving a monitor with this cable and one DVI-DVI natively. The operation was perfect after this modification.

thefsb said:
Has anyone here actually got their mobo's integrated HD 2000/3000 VGA port running at anything but 1024x768?

Yes, Sandy Bridge Lion with Chimera 1.5.3 does provide native resolution. For instance I have a DVI monitor at 1920 x 1200 and an HDTV on the HDMI port also at 1920 x 1200 concurrently.

neil

neilhart said:
thefsb said:
Has anyone here actually got their mobo's integrated HD 2000/3000 VGA port running at anything but 1024x768?

Yes, Sandy Bridge Lion with Chimera 1.5.3 does provide native resolution. For instance I have a DVI monitor at 1920 x 1200 and an HDTV on the HDMI port also at 1920 x 1200 concurrently.

neil

I was specifically asking about the VGA port, also known as 15-pin D-Sub port.

neilhart said:

So if i got a pair of Dell U2412M displays and an HDMI to DVI adaptor, you think it would work?

Mythlin said:
Hello, so I have my graphics pretty much fully working but I have ran across another problem, dual displays won't work. Here is my situation I have a my main monitor plugged into DVI and i have a second monitor plugged in VGA, the VGA however, doesn't work, it doesn't even pick up the signal. Now, I have heard that VGA doesn't work in Snow leopard or Lion, idk if that is true? Any suggestions?

I'm also having the same problem with Samsung SyncMaster 2033 connected via VGA port. NO SIGNAL.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=31370

2. Installing Lion steps
- Install 10.7 Lion from the AppStore download, along Tonymacx86's guide with xMove, reboot with no issues.
- Installed OSX10.7.1 and all updates - rebooted with no issues, but still not full video support
- Install Multibeast 4.0.2 with audio and networking as before and use MacMini definition to get full resolution AND QE/CI. Standard MB defines the machine as MacPro3,1 (early 2008) with only the DVI working. Macmini definitions give you DVI and HDMI support.
- remember to disconnect the analog VGA cable and connect a DVI or HDMI cable after reboot
- patch to latest with software update and you're DONE with Lion, give yourself some claps

Not sure if that helps guys but it seems to enable DVI & HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back