Contribute
Register

Help: Dual Boot - Deleted MAC OS partition, how to get Win7 started again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
iOS
CPU
i5
Graphics
Giga
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

a few years back, I built a Sandy Bridge dual boot hackintosh with MultiBeast boot loader. Win7 and OSX were installed on two same sized partitions on a 128gb SSD.

Since I was not using OSX anymore, I deleted the mac partition on my SSD. Only to figure out later that this of course contained the boot loader. When starting up the computer from a Win7 installation disk, it crashes with some "I/O" error (I disconnect all other devices and only 4gb RAM).

Further, the SSD is not readable when connected to another PC as external drive (which I tried in order to backup Win7 data before a possible re-install of Win7).

Can anyone help?
Whats my best course of action to get the Win7 partition up and running again? Or at least to access it?

Thanks a lot!
Daniel

Hello all,

a few years back, I built a Sandy Bridge dual boot hackintosh with MultiBeast boot loader. Win7 and OSX were installed on two same sized partitions on a 128gb SSD.

Since I was not using OSX anymore, I deleted the mac partition on my SSD. Only to figure out later that this of course contained the boot loader. When starting up the computer from a Win7 installation disk, it crashes with some "I/O" error (I disconnect all other devices and only 4gb RAM).

Further, the SSD is not readable when connected to another PC as external drive (which I tried in order to backup Win7 data before a possible re-install of Win7).

Can anyone help?
Whats my best course of action to get the Win7 partition up and running again? Or at least to access it?

Thanks a lot!
Daniel

Do you still have the UniBeast installer you used to install OS X? You should be able to boot with it and select the Windows icon.

If I remember correctly, the software I used according the TonyMac tutorial was MultiBeast.

I don't think I still have it, but I suppose I should be able to find it somewhere on this site. If I do, should I use the MultiBeast software or the UniBeast you mentioned?

Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back