Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've had the same hardware (in my profile) since Snow Leopard, which later become a stable Mavericks build. Since I upgraded to El Cap though, a couple of things have started happening.

1) Mainstage unexpectedly quits
2) The machine reboots without warning

Have had a quick look in the About This Mac->System Report->Logs pane, but nothing stands out. Is that the right place to look - is there anywhere else I can look to try to make sense as to what's happening?

Sometimes it can survive for days at a time, other times we can hardly even log in before a spontaneous restart. So it's very unpredictable, and I can't find any pattern of behavior which causes it.

Any advice on debugging this appreciated.

I've had the same hardware (in my profile) since Snow Leopard, which later become a stable Mavericks build. Since I upgraded to El Cap though, a couple of things have started happening.

1) Mainstage unexpectedly quits
2) The machine reboots without warning

Have had a quick look in the About This Mac->System Report->Logs pane, but nothing stands out. Is that the right place to look - is there anywhere else I can look to try to make sense as to what's happening?

Sometimes it can survive for days at a time, other times we can hardly even log in before a spontaneous restart. So it's very unpredictable, and I can't find any pattern of behavior which causes it.

Any advice on debugging this appreciated.

did you replace all necessary kexts with newer version? like are you using some old version kexts that might not work with EC?

did you replace all necessary kexts with newer version? like are you using some old version kexts that might not work with EC?

This was a brand new install to a fresh SSD, using Unibeast and the Post Installation Tools which existed pre Multibeast 8 - so as far as I know there won't be any old kexts hanging around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back