Graphics
ASUS R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 Graphics Cards x2
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
G'day all,
I am having an issue with my dual GPU set up (I think?). While general web browsing, playing with iTunes or something simple like that, I have no issues with my Hack. However, while I am video editing in FCPX, I will get random monitor shut downs. The monitor, a Visio 42" 4K TV, will go black for a second or 2 and then come back on. Once only, I got a green screen and had to shut the Hack down to get it back. I have tried switching the HDMI cable from one of my ASUS R9280X to the other to no avail.

This problem has only just recently reared it's ugly head. It did not coincide with any update or hardware change.

Firstly, if I were to remove one of the video cards to see if it is one or the other causing the glitch, will I have any problems with my MacOS install or will it just auto detect the changed hardware configuration? (I am running the last version of Sierra, not High Sierra).
Secondly, any other ideas I might check?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers
Aussie

G'day all,
I am having an issue with my dual GPU set up (I think?). While general web browsing, playing with iTunes or something simple like that, I have no issues with my Hack. However, while I am video editing in FCPX, I will get random monitor shut downs. The monitor, a Visio 42" 4K TV, will go black for a second or 2 and then come back on. Once only, I got a green screen and had to shut the Hack down to get it back. I have tried switching the HDMI cable from one of my ASUS R9280X to the other to no avail.

This problem has only just recently reared it's ugly head. It did not coincide with any update or hardware change.

Firstly, if I were to remove one of the video cards to see if it is one or the other causing the glitch, will I have any problems with my MacOS install or will it just auto detect the changed hardware configuration? (I am running the last version of Sierra, not High Sierra).
Secondly, any other ideas I might check?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers
Aussie

Bump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back