Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, running 10.6.5 on a DH55TC with a Core i5 650, all is running fine except for audio D:
I tried VoodooHDA, it works but the crackle is simply annoying.

So, I tried other solutions such as 10.6.2 rollback+LegacyHDA&HDAEnabler, modded kexts (including the recently-posted 10.6.5 ALC888 kext, 10.6.4 ALC888S kext, etc), no dice.

So, any ALC888S users out there who know how to get proper AppleHDA to work on this?

Hey man i have 10.6.6 on Intel DH55TC MB with ALC888s and CPU core i5 650... very similar systems ))..
So i'v tried HDAEnabler and VoodooHDA - sound worked very good and clear, but there were many lags in voodoohda helper and some times KP while starting the system.
Now im also looking for good working kext for ALC888s..
If i workaround this problem i would post the solution here.. and i ask you to do the same...

I'm running 10.6.6, with voodoohda from Multibeast. The sound is usually good after setting gain to 50% in the voodoohda prefpane. I would like to have it as a 888s kext instead because the sound crackles sometimes.

BTW, what are your kexts?

So i'm also tried yesterday some alc888s kext's without any luck. After this i turn my sound back to voodoohda2.7.2 (not from multibeast). First of all i have no KP anymore. When i checked the "use sse2" and "enhanced stereo" the crackle disappeared. Sound is fine.. I'm still looking for the best solution...

[SOLVED]
1. of course delete any 3d party audio stuff (audio enablers injectors and kext's like voodoohda)
2. take HDAEnabler.kext.zip and place it to the Extra/Extensions.
3. open latest multibeast and check only "system utilities" , "alc8xxhda", "AppleHDA Rollback".
4. reboot

While booting use -v key to be sure that hdaenabler loaded (it would printed). If not -> i would provide you additional instructions..

Attachments

• HDAEnabler.kext.zip
    24.3 KB · Views: 688
Ah Thank you so much.

Let me flag this with my specs too, in case this could help a poor soul like me.

Specs
Intel DH55HC motherboard
EVGA GT 220 Graphics
i3-540

Thanks a lot!

I'm running Lion on my DH55TC + ALC888S fine with this kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back