Graphics
intel HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, guys. I have a micro 7040 with a configuration: i7 6700T, Drr4 8G, M.2 128G SSD (no SATA disk), no external pci-e GPU, ubuntu.

Currently, I want to install EI Caption on this desktop. I have tried some method on the web, http://osxarena.com/2015/10/guide-install-mac-osx-el-capitan-on-hackintosh-pc-with-clover-vanilla-installation-method/ and http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

The first uses the Clover and it seems that the it can identify the USB driver and show the apple's logo with 10 second, then it reboot again (fails to install).
For the second case, I don't know why I can't make a USB loader(8G) by UniBeast on my macbook air, which shows the Error: Couldn't copy Base System.

Do you any document or guidence about how to deal with DELL desktop with skylake CPU? How I can really configure the document using Clover? The guidence seems very different for different PC and different OSX.

Thanks for your reply.

16GB works for Unibeast.

The hackintosh support for skylake-cpu and new 100-series-motherboard is not good. Seems need to wait for the next OSX.

I'm not sure I agree; the only serious problem is with the Skylake integrated graphics. You should be able to get most everything else working.

At the moment it is a little manual, but that's not necessarily something a new OS X release will fix. The next release of UniBeast/MultiBeast will help a bit.

Honestly speaking, I don't know much about the manual config-editing. The install process always freezing at the apple logo and 0% process bar.

It's my config-file. There's two slots on motherboard and only one 8G memery is installed.
View attachment config.plist

In config.plist:

You have the XOSI patch, which may cause problems unless you have the corresponding SSDT. (Otherwise, it alters your ACPI information to call a function that doesn't exist, and that seems unlikely to be good.) You can either remove it or use the SSDT that goes with it.

You have a specific uia_exclude command-line argument, which is unlikely to be correct for your board. You'd do best to remove it for now.

It doesn't seem correct to me to set the memory SlotCount to 1 -- I think it should be set to the number of memory slots on your board, which is typically 2 or 4. If you remove the memory section altogether, it won't hurt (the worst case is that the system doesn't list the correct memory total, but you can address that once the installation is working).

You can use Clover Configurator to edit your config.plist if you don't want to do it by hand and risk messing up the file format.

After looking at those:

If you continue to have boot problems, please boot verbose (space bar from the Clover menu) and post a photo of the screen.

Thanks for your quick reply and detail instruction.
It still have the boot problem.

My current boot config:
kexts/other/: FakeSMC.kext, USBInjectAll.kext
ACPI/patched: NO files

screenshot.jpgView attachment config.plist

With a modified setting in config-file:
<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<true/>
<key>Inject</key>
<true/>
</dict>

It seems to pass the previous USB-boot problem. Then it show the figure below and end up with a reboot-process. But it still not installs the OSX.

Also I don't understand why the above setting makes me pass the USB-boot problem.

IMG_1195.jpg

I think I have solve the boot problem. It shows the Ei caption install-process screen.

After install OSX from USB to SSD and reboot to finish the whole process, it ends up with a black screen.

What should I do?
IMG_1197.jpg

OK, for some reason, some Skylake boards hang if they can't "get ownership" of USB devices (I'm not sure what that means, to be honest). If you set XHCI Handoff in your BIOS that should fix it, but if you can't do that then you can set FixOwnership in config.plist to fix it. So that may be why the USB setting in config.plist helped you make progress in post #8.

Then, you had a Bluetooth crash (in the screen shot in post #8), but in post #9 you said you got past it. What did you do to get past it? A number of people have had that problem and it would be great to have a solution to give them.

Finally, you said you completed the OS X install and then it rebooted but you get a black screen. At this point, you should still boot from the USB install drive because you haven't installed a new bootloader to the system drive yet. So when your machine starts up, use your BIOS hotkey to select a boot device. Select "UEFI:YourUSBDrive" to boot to. You should get a Clover menu. Then select "Boot Mac OS X from YourSystemDrive" to start up. You should get an Apple logo and progress bar and eventually (it takes longer than usual) the setup screens where you select your language and time zone and set up a login and all that. If you have problem booting here, please boot in verbose mode instead (space bar from the Clover menu) and post a photo of where it stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back