i7-8665U
Graphics
Iris Plus Graphics 655
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Machine: Dell Latitude 5400
Hello so I have some issues with mouse behavior it usually double clicks for some reason (1 of 10 clicks) maybe i'm using the wrong kexts, and the audio sometimes cuts randomly it gets fixed if i open sounds tab in macos preferences, I would really appreciate any help

Attachments

• debug_28856.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 73
Hi @soufianedev ,

I have the same machine as your. Can you share EFI folder so I can try out ? Thanks in advanced !

I have a Dell 5400 running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5 using OpenCore. I have my Bluetooth not working. Touchpad works very well but the touchpad buttons not working.

I can share the EFI used.

If you guys have these things working please let me know.

I have a Dell 5400 running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5 using OpenCore. I have my Bluetooth not working. Touchpad works very well but the touchpad buttons not working.

I can share the EFI used.

If you guys have these things working please let me know.

Yah please share it,
Dsiclaimer I'm a super n00b in hackintosh stuff, bluetooth will obviously not work, since it's not supported natively by macos, the only way is to replace the wifi/bluetooth card that will fix both wifi and bluetooth,mouse buttons are not native in macbooks so it's obvious will not work out of the box from mac, needs special code and programs i think, I still have problems with cutting audio and sometimes the mouse fails, but overall it's super usable.

Posting my working EFI here.

Working great with 10.15.5

1595965645971.png

Working:
Audio
Graphics
Keyboard
Touchpad
USB ports
Camera

Not working
Bluetooth
Wireless (I use a USB Wireless Dongle)
Touchpad buttons and little dot to move mouse in the middle of the keyboard not working.
Brightness levels are not working.

If you get these to work, please let me know as I really need Bluetooth fixed on this one.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.9 MB · Views: 243
Hi,
I have a Latitude 5450. Could you provide me with a guide to install Catalina?
I am very new to this. Any help is appreciated it.
Hey welcome i'm a very new too, so for my hackintosh i literally followed for Dell latitude E7450 and I had latitude 5400, same process, what matters is to get the closest model to yours in this case 5400, i made a tutorial for it in github , you might still encounter problems in your own process but it's easy, good luck

Hello cvega48,

Are you booting from an internal PCIe NVMe SSD ou standard SATA hard disk? Is it configured in AHCI or "RAID" (Intel Rapid Storage which is often the default from Dell)

I also have a Dell Latitude i5-8265U and so far I can only boot macOS from an external USB drive as the internal NVME SSD is not recognised (factory formatted as "RAID"). I am also using OpenCore.

Is the external HDMI connector working on you Latitude 5400 with OpenCore? I noticed that you enable 3 connectors in DeviceProperties. So do I, but the built-in screen is the only one working. How did you define your framebuffer-conN-alldata data?

I am using AAPL,ig-platform-id 0x00009b3e as per the OC guide recommendation. Your DeviceProperties is much more populated than mine. I will try it as soon I have the Latitude 5400 handy!

Thank you in advance for you information.

Last edited:
Hello cvega48,

Are you booting from an internal PCIe NVMe SSD ou standard SATA hard disk? Is it configured in AHCI or "RAID" (Intel Rapid Storage which is often the default from Dell)

I also have a Dell Latitude i5-8265U and so far I can only boot macOS from an external USB drive as the internal NVME SSD is not recognised (factory formatted as "RAID"). I am also using OpenCore.

Is the external HDMI connector working on you Latitude 5400 with OpenCore? I noticed that you enable 3 connectors in DeviceProperties. So do I, but the built-in screen is the only one working. How did you define your framebuffer-conN-alldata data?

I am using AAPL,ig-platform-id 0x00009b3e as per the OC guide recommendation. Your DeviceProperties is much more populated than mine. I will try it as soon I have the Latitude 5400 handy!

Thank you in advance for you information.
Hello Mate!

I am using AHCI on the BIOS. Using the internal PCIe NVMe SSD drive that came with my laptop.

HDMI is not working. I am using an USB3.0 to HDMI Connector. This works great. But the internal HDMI I have not managed to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back