5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I saw some success with this laptop. Unfortunately, every other guide I saw here (for this specific laptop) was based on the i5 or i7 series of Intel CPU’s and are based on older OS verisons

Can I please ask for some assistance on passing this blank screen?
I don’t understand what it means. Or at least give me a hint on how/what I should look for.
Other guides:

(Compared to this one, my laptop is on a higher BIOS version, without being able to downgrade. The laptop refuses to do so) 3945BD2E-1554-426C-9F30-13F7B681EC54.jpeg

Are you using somebody else's EFI? Because you've got options in there for hibernation fixup. It's something very advanced that most people don't bother with. Certainly, you can at least save it for after you have the installation done.

Are you trying to install with Clover or OpenCore? What guide are you referring to? In general, a generic guide that has been updated recently is more useful than a hardware-specific guide that is very old.

Are you using somebody else's EFI? Because you've got options in there for hibernation fixup. It's something very advanced that most people don't bother with. Certainly, you can at least save it for after you have the installation done.

Are you trying to install with Clover or OpenCore? What guide are you referring to? In general, a generic guide that has been updated recently is more useful than a hardware-specific guide that is very old.
I do not understand why my post keeps getting deleted...
I am using clover to make my installer.
Yes, my EFI file is based on someone else's build (like I mentioned, I tried the one provided on the guide for the same model laptop but with an i7 CPU, for an older OS).
I also tried Rehabmans config for the HD620 iGPU along with the standard kexts.

I'd recommend that you switch to OpenCore, because the documentation for laptops is much better, and much more recent. I know it can seem daunting, but at least have a look at the OpenCore guide. It's long, yes, but I think it's pretty impressive that they were able to break it all down and present things clearly.

But to address your specific problem, a hang at this point can often be resolved by trying out different versions of the Aptio Fix .efi file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back