Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z490-A
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I'm following this guide and now I'm stuck creating an installation USB in order to upgrade from Big Sur to Ventura. I've tried many combinations, but I'm in a dead end, I don't know what to try the next, so any hint would be appreciated.

The dGPU is installed in the machine but I'm still using the iGPU, just in case you see such thing in the config.plist.

I attach the current USB drive EFI and the last boot error. A curious thing is that I can't see the GUI for OpenCore and it uses the default non-graphical UI.

May I share as well my current working EFI Big Sur dir?

Thanks in advance for any help.

*PS I'm using for the installation the USB port in the screenshot, like it is configured/mapped according to the guide.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 25
  • 20230604_134256.jpg
    20230604_134256.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 13.55.02.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 13.55.02.png
    601.1 KB · Views: 30
Try this revised EFI, just add your Serial Number etc. to see if it works.

The fact you have your RX6600 installed and have the IGPU set to drive a display is wrong.

You should either remove the AMD GPU, or set the Intel IGPU with a Headless/Empty framebuffer. You are just introducing problems that aren't necessary with your current setup.

Not having the agdpmod=pikera boot argument when a natively compatible Navi GPU is installed is just asking for problems.

Attachments

• EFI-1.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 16
Many thanks for your reply. I've tried your EFI dir and the attached screenshot is the result.

Following your arguments/ideas, I've installed the GPU (BIOS + EFI's config.plist), adding pikera, and I've got a bootable USB. The GPU is somewhat recognized and barely usable. I tried to install Ventura, but it didn't get pass the first step (goes fine till the reboot). Tomorrow I'll try mounting the main drive's EFI and adding support for Ethernet, as stated in the original guide I'm following (removing "dk." from the boot args), just in case that helps to continue the installation of Ventura.

Your EFI provided —BTW— an usable boot-screen GUI for OpenCore.

Attachments

• 20230612_211413b.jpg
    20230612_211413b.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 16
After some attempts, I used the same EFI in the USB and I was able to install Ventura, so many thanks! Although it doesn't recognize any Ethernet card/controller (ie, it doesn't show up in System Report...). I'll try to ask in the Gobias' thread or see what's his config. I've seen mentioned various possible fixes, but some of them seem outdated, and also my ethernet just doesn't exist, so I don't know if it's revision 1, 2 or 3...

Back