Contribute
Register

help creating a DSDT for a toshiba s855-s5381

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm currently making the necessary patching and it looks promising, one question, can i enable the external HDMI to function?

Rehabman, you are a genius! brightness has a sliders in the control panel, things are just gunna get better from here on out!!!!!

KUDOS MAN!!!!

i'm currently making the necessary patching and it looks promising, one question, can i enable the external HDMI to function?

Not enough hardware information to tell you what is involved (it depends on your screen resolutoin).

Please fill out your profile as requested in post #2.

well, I just discovered that it has the ability of display to external HDTV/SCREEN, but there is no sound coming out, is there a way to patch the DSDT for audio to come out of HDMI out? one other questions after creating the DSDT and outputting it to .aml file, when i open it again using MACiasl it complies with three errors.....

syntax error, unexpected PARSEO_LOCAL2
''' ''' '''''' PARSEOP_INTEGER, expecting ')'
"" "" "" PAREOP_INTEGER, expecting ')'

is that normal ?

well, I just discovered that it has the ability of display to external HDTV/SCREEN,

Please fill out your profile as requested in post #2. This is the last time I will ask...

after post 3 i filled out all that information about my hardware in the signature section of my profile, but i just noticed that i didn't include the motherboard chipset, and also added laptop screen resolution. if i left anything out let me know.......

what's really bothering me about this whole DSDT thing is that after adding the two patches as you instructed, the Rename GFX0 to IGPU, and the Brightness fix (HD3000/HD4000) it compiles without error and i get to save it from .dsl to .aml, I go ahead and open the saved dsdt.aml file and hit compile it has 3 errors:

syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_LOCAL2
syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_INTEGER, expecting ')'

but brightness works as expected with the slider control in the system preference, is this normal or i'm doing something wrong?

...also like i mentioned before, the HDMI out works but sound throughout the HDMI doesn't is there a fix for that?
please advice

after post 3 i filled out all that information about my hardware in the signature section of my profile, but i just noticed that i didn't include the motherboard chipset, and also added laptop screen resolution. if i left anything out let me know.......

what's really bothering me about this whole DSDT thing is that after adding the two patches as you instructed, the Rename GFX0 to IGPU, and the Brightness fix (HD3000/HD4000) it compiles without error and i get to save it from .dsl to .aml, I go ahead and open the saved dsdt.aml file and hit compile it has 3 errors:

syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_LOCAL2

To be expected when you disassemble incorrectly. See post #8. The errors are not real. They are caused by the disassembly process.

...also like i mentioned before, the HDMI out works but sound throughout the HDMI doesn't is there a fix for that?
please advice

Are you using patched AppleHDA?

HDMI-audio requires patching the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri kext...

To be expected when you disassemble incorrectly. See post #8. The errors are not real. They are caused by the disassembly process.

Are you using patched AppleHDA?

HDMI-audio requires patching the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri kext...

I followed the commands in post #8 to the t. after patching it compiled without errors. I did it a few times, the same steps in post #8
everything went fine. what do you bean "the errors are not real"? will this affect the system's performance in any way? should i worry about these fake errors? how should i proceed?

I'm using voodooHDA for my realtek ALC269 Audio Adapter

I followed the commands in post #8 to the t. after patching it compiled without errors. I did it a few times, the same steps in post #8
everything went fine. what do you bean "the errors are not real"? will this affect the system's performance in any way? should i worry about these fake errors? how should i proceed?

Your error was when you opened the AML directly, which involves disassembling it stand-alone.

I'm using voodooHDA for my realtek ALC269 Audio Adapter

I know nothing about VoodooHDA in relation to HDMI-audio... I use patched AppleHDA instead.

I noticed that placing the DSDT.aml file in the extra folder generated an SSDT, can i replace it by another SSDT i just generated using a tutorial for my cpu? or i can use the SSDT already in the extra folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back