Contribute
Register

Help! Computer reboots at Mojave installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Aorus z390
CPU
Intel Core i9
I got all the way through Step 4 of the installation guide! However, when I finally click install, it just reboots the computer.

Most recently, though, it just stopped at the same place (about 30 seconds into the installation) and said "macOS could not be installed on your computer. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

This is a brand new build, and I have never done this before, and I honestly know very little about the inner-workings of a computer

Motherboard: Gigabyte- Aorus z390 Pro Wifi
Graphics: Gigabyte - GeFroce RTX 2080 Ti 11
RAM: G. Skill Sniper X 32 GB (2x16)
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900k 3.6 ghz 8-core

Please help!

I got all the way through Step 4 of the installation guide! However, when I finally click install, it just reboots the computer.

Most recently, though, it just stopped at the same place (about 30 seconds into the installation) and said "macOS could not be installed on your computer. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

This is a brand new build, and I have never done this before, and I honestly know very little about the inner-workings of a computer

Motherboard: Gigabyte- Aorus z390 Pro Wifi
Graphics: Gigabyte - GeFroce RTX 2080 Ti 11
RAM: G. Skill Sniper X 32 GB (2x16)
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900k 3.6 ghz 8-core

Please help!
  • Your problem is MOST LIKELY from using an Unsupported Nvidia GeForce RTX 2090 Ti 11.
  • Your Intel i9 9900K has associated Intel® UHD Graphics 630.
    • Intel® UHD Graphics 630 is supported in macOSMojave

So will I need to return and purchase a new graphics card? I find it strange that the installation screen will show up and begin if the graphics card is the problem.

• our problem is MOST LIKELY from using an Unsupported Nvidia GeForce RTX 2090 Ti 11.
  • Your Intel i9 9900K has associated Intel® UHD Graphics 630.
    • Intel® UHD Graphics 630 is supported in macOSMojave

So will I need to return and purchase a new graphics card? I find it strange that the installation screen will show up and begin if the graphics card is the problem.

So will I need to return and purchase a new graphics card?

• That's your call.
    • It works in Windows10 it was sold to be installed and used.
  • It is too new to have macOSHighSierra Nvidia Web driver or
    • whether Nvidia and Apple will ever again agree for that!
I find it strange that the installation screen will show up and begin if the graphics card is the problem.

• Installation screen can start without much fanfare, but once CLOVER finds no kexts to make it a real Graphic card, it can throw temper tantrums at that time.
    • Unknown are the ways of....Hackintosh!
  • If Mojave Installer can reject a Samsung 970 PRO Plus NVMe disk half way through installation, it can pretty much do anything at anytime.
  • Please read some tips, if you like, about macOSMojave Hackintosh Installation and and Forum posting for help -> #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back