Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
XFX RX 580
I tested an Opencore install but gave up and went back to Clover.

After the installation with Clover, everything works ok but it boots with boot-args=-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1.
Besides booting with verbose, these args are somehow breaking my sound. It worked before I tested the OC install.

I tried everything I found on the issue to get rid of these parameters but I cannot.
I tried Clover configurator (NVRAM parameter), sudo nvram -c and boot-args="" commands, bcdf boot rm at Clover terminal, bios reset, used VirtualSMC.kext instead of FakeSMC.kext, F11 at Clover boot screen.
I even got another hd with a previous installation to test, but every time Clover boots it picks up these same options left over from Opencore in my NVRAM.

What is worst is that I don't know what else OC changed in my NVRAM.
Any help getting rid of these parameters or resetting the NVRAM will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• screenshot9.png
    screenshot9.png
    257.6 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
At the Clover menu screen press F11 to clear NVRAM, the system will restart.

At the Clover menu screen press F11 to clear NVRAM, the system will restart.

Thank you, but I tried that already. Forgot to add to the list. Did not work.
I will edit and add to my list.

I seem to be having these same issues. I also tested Open Core on a USB Drive and then got those same bootargs showing up.

F11 did not clear them.

Using Clover at boot time (removing them manually) did not clear them.

Using Clover space-bar options to remove the “Use -v” option did not clear them.

Removing the NVram.plist from the EFI folder did not clear them.

Using Terminal command sudo nvram-c did not clear them...

Mind you, all those efforts reported successful completion but everything comes right back at next boot.

I also have the persistent “Your computer was restarted because of an error ...” notice as if the Mac has crashed... which it had not.

After about two hours of troubleshooting and multiple dozen reboots I finally tried to reboot to the Open Core USB stick. When it came up there was an option to "Clear Nvram"............ hmmm.... I tried it and Viola! It actually cleared the Nvram! Wow, it's nice to not boot to Verbose mode for the first time in WEEKS and also nice to not have to answer the annoying message about my computer was restarted due to an error stuff.

So the question begs to be asked... How is Open Core resetting the Nvram while Clover would not? Neither would Terminal.

That was also the only way I could resolve this issue after struggling for a few days.
I am back to Clover for now.

So the question begs to be asked... How is Open Core resetting the Nvram while Clover would not? Neither would Terminal.

Very odd... I'd like to know the answer as well

I tested an Opencore install but gave up and went back to Clover.

After the installation with Clover, everything works ok but it boots with boot-args=-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1.
Besides booting with verbose, these args are somehow breaking my sound. It worked before I tested the OC install.

I tried everything I found on the issue to get rid of these parameters but I cannot.
I tried Clover configurator (NVRAM parameter), sudo nvram -c and boot-args="" commands, bcdf boot rm at Clover terminal, bios reset, used VirtualSMC.kext instead of FakeSMC.kext, F11 at Clover boot screen.
I even got another hd with a previous installation to test, but every time Clover boots it picks up these same options left over from Opencore in my NVRAM.

What is worst is that I don't know what else OC changed in my NVRAM.
Any help getting rid of these parameters or resetting the NVRAM will be appreciated.

Thank you.
You can delete any line from NVRAM with Hackintool, even boot args.
Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 7.26.32 PM.png

You can delete any line from NVRAM with Hackintool, even boot args.

Unfortunately none of what I tried worked:

• re-writing flags in Hackintool, as you mentioned
  • Clearing NVRAM from an OC EFI
  • re-writing flags in Clover boot screen
  • pressing F11 in Clover boot screen
  • using sudo nvram -c in terminal
What did work for me, was resetting the CMOS on my Motherboard... sucks to have to reconfigure the BIOS, but at least it solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back