Graphics
sapphire radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, i got SL working and now i wanna update to mountain lion. I would ask you what multibeast options i have to select to get it working 100%. My system is the following:

-mobo ga x58 usb3
-cpu intel core i7 950
-sapphire radeon 6870
-4gb ram ddr3 1333mhz
-300gb hard disk
And for the mobo, for SL i used the dsdt F4 for my mobo, will this work with mountain lion too?thanks

Hey guys, i got SL working and now i wanna update to mountain lion. I would ask you what multibeast options i have to select to get it working 100%. My system is the following:

-mobo ga x58 usb3
-cpu intel core i7 950
-sapphire radeon 6870
-4gb ram ddr3 1333mhz
-300gb hard disk
And for the mobo, for SL i used the dsdt F4 for my mobo, will this work with mountain lion too?thanks

You have to create a unibeast USB. Multibeast will be very similar in mountain lion. Your DSDT should be fine. One thing I will say is that you have to read the install guide that Tony and crew released yesterday. It will tell you about the problems with the install with your graphics card. And how to solve it. Heres the link.

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

You have to create a unibeast USB. Multibeast will be very similar in mountain lion. Your DSDT should be fine. One thing I will say is that you have to read the install guide that Tony and crew released yesterday. It will tell you about the problems with the install with your graphics card. And how to solve it. Heres the link.

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Oh is bad that there are problems with the 6xxx series..i dont have another graphic card so i must use my 6870 for the installation.. i hope it will work.. for the dsdt its ok ill use that one, for the options to select i need some help.. what options do i have to select? for audio, graphic, hd etc..thank you

ok thank you so much man! but for example for the sata hard disk i have some options to choose? and another thing..if i get the usb stick from my pc it is "universal" or it will work only with my hardware? i mean.. if i make the usb stick with my SL will it grab some information from it? i ask you this because my SL isnt working 100% perfectly, but i didnt care since i want ML to work 100% good. But if the usb stick gets informations from SL, i would need to set SL perfect and than create the usb stick. I hope i explained good. Thank you guy

ok thank you so much man! but for example for the sata hard disk i have some options to choose? and another thing..if i get the usb stick from my pc it is "universal" or it will work only with my hardware? i mean.. if i make the usb stick with my SL will it grab some information from it? i ask you this because my SL isnt working 100% perfectly, but i didnt care since i want ML to work 100% good. But if the usb stick gets informations from SL, i would need to set SL perfect and than create the usb stick. I hope i explained good. Thank you guy

Yes when you create your UniBeast drive it takes the Mountain Lion App store installation to it automatically. It will not take anything from Snow Leopard. As it will be a fresh install on the drive. Its like starting over again. With the link I sent you about your motherboard, Check the controllers for the sata drives and then click onto the correct Sata disk option in MultiBeast to find the one you need. Then you can select it. Yeah you explained it well :crazy:

Once installed you can get Mountain Lion 100%. Only install what you need. And double check with the motherboard specifications from the link from Gigabyte if you are unsure of anything.

Hope this helps!!!

Are you sure that it doesnt take any information from SL?in the link about the 6xxx card you gave me there is this written "
After you prepare your usb stick, go in and totally cut ATI6000Controller.kext out of the usb stick and paste it somewhere that you can install it back to your main hdd after the install with Kext Wizard if you have any of the 6xxx cards. Once you get installed from the usb, reboot and you will be able to use Kext Wizard to put the kext back to where it belongs. (or do it manually if you know what you are doing ) After you replace the ATI6000Controller.kext file".

Maybe it takes the drivers kext from SL? or im wrong? and the last question, in the gigabyte site about my mobo's hard disk controllers there is this written.. South Bridge: 1.6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors supporting up to 6 SATA 3Gb/s devices
2.Support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10

How can i know from this what multibeast options to select? sorry for the massive questions but its not so easy :D thank you for your time bro!

Are you sure that it doesnt take any information from SL?in the link about the 6xxx card you gave me there is this written "
After you prepare your usb stick, go in and totally cut ATI6000Controller.kext out of the usb stick and paste it somewhere that you can install it back to your main hdd after the install with Kext Wizard if you have any of the 6xxx cards. Once you get installed from the usb, reboot and you will be able to use Kext Wizard to put the kext back to where it belongs. (or do it manually if you know what you are doing ) After you replace the ATI6000Controller.kext file".

Maybe it takes the drivers kext from SL? or im wrong? and the last question, in the gigabyte site about my mobo's hard disk controllers there is this written.. South Bridge: 1.6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors supporting up to 6 SATA 3Gb/s devices
2.Support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10

How can i know from this what multibeast options to select? sorry for the massive questions but its not so easy :D thank you for your time bro!

Yes i am sure it doesn't take anything from Snow Leopard. With your graphics card you have to take out the ATI6000Controller.kext (And put it back in AFTER installation so keep it on a separate USB if you have one) so when you reach the installer you don't end up with a white/black screen. As this happens with the kext installed on the Unibeast USB. As you don't have on board graphics this is the only way, unless and fortunately you have another graphics card you can use to do the install.

If you look at the controllers in the link, it says north/south bridge yet best of all it says Intel. So if you look at the options in Multibeast under disk. you will see if any of the selections are needed. You have a DSDT so select UserDSDT and put the DSDT on your desktop. Then check out your audio codec and ethernet controller from the website link and select what you need from the sections Audio and network. It should be very similar to the way you previously installed Snow Leopard.

Ok i tried everything.. i had a problem that now i explain you.. before this i would ask you one thing.. when i prepare the usb key i select the legacy usb support. At point 13 of the tonymac guide. http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
Is this choice right? ok after this, i removed the ati6000kext from the usb drive as you said, i tried booting from usb drive and appears a white screen with an apple in the center and the spinning wheel that does the classic circular movement. I left the pc 20min doing this and after i shutted it down. Why this happens and i cant reach the mountain lion installer? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back