Contribute
Register

HELP - Catalina Gigabyte z390M + MemoryAptioFIX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z390m
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello. Ive seen a lot of posts regarding the MemoryAptioFix with the z390M chipsets. My system will work only with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. I know we supposed not to use this file but my system is not booting with the other MemoryAptioFix versions. Even with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi my system stucks with memory error message sometimes and i have to reboot again. Did anyone manage to find a solution for this? All the help will be much appreciated as im a new to the community!

My setup: Gigabyte z390m - i7-9700K - UHD 630 - SMBIOS iMac18,1 - MacOS Catalina

Hello. Ive seen a lot of posts regarding the MemoryAptioFix with the z390M chipsets. My system will work only with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. I know we supposed not to use this file but my system is not booting with the other MemoryAptioFix versions. Even with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi my system stucks with memory error message sometimes and i have to reboot again. Did anyone manage to find a solution for this? All the help will be much appreciated as im a new to the community!

My setup: Gigabyte z390m - i7-9700K - UHD 630 - SMBIOS iMac18,1 - MacOS Catalina

The most consistent booting I got is with OpenCore and BIOS F8.

On Clover, I need OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi + EmuVariableUEFI.efi + Test2.efi. Search Google for "test2.efi" to find it.

I tried but still getting the error allocating message when i reboot usually. When i start my computer (in the morning) most of the times work.

I tried but still getting the error allocating message when i reboot usually. When i start my computer (in the morning) most of the times work.

I wish I had a better solution to give you... But I don't.

It can really be a pain to get consistent booting from this motherboard if you need to enable IGPU. The good news is that you can get very consistent booting if you have a dGPU, disable IGPU and use OpenCore...

I am able to get consistent booting on this board with both AptioMemoryFix and OsxAptioFix3Drv w/ iGPU if I set DVMT preallocated memory to 32MB. At one point, I had 64 MB working, but that was short lived ... not sure why. While both of these fixes work for me, I think OsxAptioFix3Drv is a bit more reliable.

I am able to get consistent booting on this board with both AptioMemoryFix and OsxAptioFix3Drv w/ iGPU if I set DVMT preallocated memory to 32MB. At one point, I had 64 MB working, but that was short lived ... not sure why. While both of these fixes work for me, I think OsxAptioFix3Drv is a bit more reliable.

I'm on BIOS F8 and I don't even see anywhere that I can set DVMT prealloc...

ill try it for sure

I wish I had a better solution to give you... But I don't.

It can really be a pain to get consistent booting from this motherboard if you need to enable IGPU. The good news is that you can get very consistent booting if you have a dGPU, disable IGPU and use OpenCore...
So a possible solution could be to buy a graphics card? How can i switch to opencore? What do i need to change? is there any easy guide for newbies?

So a possible solution could be to buy a graphics card? How can i switch to opencore? What do i need to change? is there any easy guide for newbies?

OpenCore is a completely different bootloader from Clover. Google around for "OpenCore vanilla guide" or "OpenCore documentation" to get started.

The DVMT setting is under the I/O group (or something like that). It's in the same place that you'll find other options like Above 4G decoding.

EDIT: Getting a GPU can definitely give you more flexibility as you can disable the iGPU if you're willing to use the iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS. Since you are currently not using a dedicated GPU, try using the iMac 19,2 SMBIOS (if you aren't already doing so).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back