Contribute
Register

[HELP] Can't reach the macOS Catalina installer on HP Spectre x360 13-ac000ns

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this are the USBs with which I've tried to launch the installer (from all 3 ports), and also trying the trick to disconnect and connect to another port when the waiting message appears

Attachments

• IMG_2122.jpg
    IMG_2122.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 33
Just transformed one of this USB Installers to a High Sierra Installer, and everything is fine, I reach the macOS installer without any problems using the exact same CLOVER folder, any idea?

Little update here, hope that someone can help me. I successfully installed MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, but still, when it prompts me to update to MacOS Catalina 10.15.3, even with a direct update, I end facing exactly the same issue... I can't reach the MacOS Catalina Installer, any clue/help will be much appreciated!

Little update here, hope that someone can help me. I successfully installed MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, but still, when it prompts me to update to MacOS Catalina 10.15.3, even with a direct update, I end facing exactly the same issue... I can't reach the MacOS Catalina Installer, any clue/help will be much appreciated!
I have same issue. Mojave works well. Catalina downoads and promts for reboot for install, but never gets to install screen.
Does anyone else running Catalina on HP Spectre 360?

I updated my HP x360 tablet to 10.15.3 just fine. But i am having the same issue now with my thinkpad X1 carbon. Have you swapped out your wifi card? My HP is the intel 8th gen so the wifi card cannot be replaced. But i think your can. Not sure if that is related.

I updated my HP x360 tablet to 10.15.3 just fine. But i am having the same issue now with my thinkpad X1 carbon. Have you swapped out your wifi card? My HP is the intel 8th gen so the wifi card cannot be replaced. But i think your can. Not sure if that is related.
I have not swapped my WiFi card yet, I can and eventually I will. For now, I can use usb dongles for WiFi.

I have solved my problem by disabling the wifi and bluetooth in my BIOS. My guess is that those freed up the USB resources that than assigned to the hard drive...

I have same issue. Mojave works well. Catalina downoads and promts for reboot for install, but never gets to install screen.
Does anyone else running Catalina on HP Spectre 360?
In case you find this useful, I haven’t managed to install macOS catalina yet... still on Mojave 10.14.6 which is running perfectly!
Always faced the same issue, trued different USB’s too, but there’s still something that isn’t working... because I never reach the installer screen... very frustrating

I have solved my problem by disabling the wifi and bluetooth in my BIOS. My guess is that those freed up the USB resources that than assigned to the hard drive...
Will try this one of this days! Thank you!!!

In case you find this useful, I haven’t managed to install macOS catalina yet... still on Mojave 10.14.6 which is running perfectly!
Always faced the same issue, trued different USB’s too, but there’s still something that isn’t working... because I never reach the installer screen... very frustrating

I actually had similar problems to install updates on Mojave. Well, only until today. Today I could install all updates that are available for Mojave including latest security updates. I have been doing little by little improvements, updating Kexts , patching DSDT etc. something worked I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back