Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm trying to run a fresh install of ML and I'm having trouble getting to the install screen. I successfully ran UniBeast and set up my boot flash-drive. When I try to get to the install screen it always gives me an error (the circle with the dash through it). My graphics card is nVidia so I've tried PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=No, and safe mode, but no luck. I also took that out and tried running straight from the mobo video, but same error. I also re-did my boot drive just in case, but no luck there either.

Here's a list of my components... please help!
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H Z77 LGA1155
CPU: INTEL CORE I5 3570K
Video: EVGA GeForce 640
HDD: Seagate 1.5 TB
Memory: GSkill 4gb (for installation only)

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to run a fresh install of ML and I'm having trouble getting to the install screen. I successfully ran UniBeast and set up my boot flash-drive. When I try to get to the install screen it always gives me an error (the circle with the dash through it). My graphics card is nVidia so I've tried PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=No, and safe mode, but no luck. I also took that out and tried running straight from the mobo video, but same error. I also re-did my boot drive just in case, but no luck there either.

Thanks!

I recommend you to check out this thread. Almost everything works stable on your build. Try to boot with -v or -x or -f flags aswell. -v flag lets you see the errors during boot. I suggest you to set your iGPU(HD4000) to primary vga till your system runs stable. Ohh, almost forget it. I see you have 1.5TB HDD. If you install ML onto it, you'll meet the "notorious boot0" error. Just do the first method. It's easy.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Ivan_mo7

suggest you remove the GFX car and set internal video ram to 64 megs in bios - then boot w commands -v PCIRootUID=0
use only the DVI port to monitor and use the HD4000 GFX you have to install then do the drivers for the nVidia Card and then install the card.

Also if you have a version 1.1 of that card you may want to try to use the MultiBeast 1.6 to re-make the USB thumb drive ( or make another) as this MB has different Aeoths chipsets in V1 and v 1.1

Thanks imate,

I've ran it with the -v flag and got this error message:

"...library kext com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily not found.
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - failed to resolve library dependencies."

After that it spit out some more lines, mainly about the AppleHDAController and stopped. Does this mean it's an error with the graphics card?

Thanks again!

Thanks imate,

I've ran it with the -v flag and got this error message:

"...library kext com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily not found.
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - failed to resolve library dependencies."

After that it spit out some more lines, mainly about the AppleHDAController and stopped. Does this mean it's an error with the graphics card?

Thanks again!

Ivan_Mo

How did you make or get the UniBeast thrumb drive

also you could use the "-x" command as well
so -x -v -f PCIRootUID=0

and don't use the video (onboard GFX only) also make sure your SATA interface is set to AHCI not IDE
Power management if S3 and HPET is enabled.

Ivan_Mo

How did you make or get the UniBeast thrumb drive

also you could use the "-x" command as well
so -x -v -f PCIRootUID=0

and don't use the video (onboard GFX only) also make sure your SATA interface is set to AHCI not IDE
Power management if S3 and HPET is enabled.

I made the thumb drive by downloading ML install from the app store on an Airbook. I then ran UniBeast and installed it onto the flash drive.

I tried booting with: -x -v -f PCIRootUID=0 and I got the following errors (see picture). Not to savvy with reading that so I'm not sure what it says.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    794 KB · Views: 86
I made the thumb drive by downloading ML install from the app store on an Airbook. I then ran UniBeast and installed it onto the flash drive.

I tried booting with: -x -v -f PCIRootUID=0 and I got the following errors (see picture). Not to savvy with reading that so I'm not sure what it says.

Thanks again.

This might not work on your motherboard, but what I did was disable the audio controller-that let me into the installer once. Just an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back